Is this considering cheating?

I know that if you were to physically flirt or get sexually involved with another person other then your lover, that's considered cheating. However, what if this was all in your mind? You think about that other person way more often then your lover and sometimes you may even think about getting more attached to them.

If this is all just thoughts in your head and it doesn't affect your current relationship with your lover in any way, is this ok or is this crossing the borderline for cheating?

0|0
2|4

Most Helpful Girl

• It's almost crossing the line of cheating (on thin ice) Once you step over that borderline of cheating and act upon your thoughts.. Pretty straight forward, that's cheating

0|0
    0|0
    • So the moment the thoughts become a reality, it's officially cheating. I would think its common for someone to think deeply of another person at times. Just make sure it doesn't ruin the current relationship your in :3

• Show All
    • No one would like that for sure! If kept a secret for too long, I wonder if it would have prolonged effects mentally/emotionally. It's healthier just to keep flirting with your current lover and not get too attached to the other person ^^

• Yes some suppressed feelings of somesort. That would be pretty bad

What Girls Said 1

• been there done that. its not worth it. I say its emotional cheating. your emotions belong to your lover not someone else. make effort in your relationship such as make the choice to love your partner with all you have. you will ALWAYS encounter people you are attracted to and even find hard to forget.

but you will always been unhappy and unsatifyed if you get in the habit of keeping such thoughts... because "the grass is always greener on the other side"

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• In your mind is the realm of fantasy. Having fantasies is normal and a healthy way for us to experience those other situations in a controlled, private environment that nobody has to know about and no one gets hurts.

0|0
    0|0
  • if that didn't occur in REALITY... it's NOT

0|0
    0|0
    • All in the mind, no harm done? Would it be healthier to tell your lover about it if you start feel too attached to the other person?

• Yes it is where the cheating starts and then when you do it in reality is just the reflection of poor mind control...

You should control your mind... Don't feed it!! If you Keep on feeding it with those thoughts you will chest for real...

0|0
    0|0
  • It means you don't love your partner anymore and that you should leave the relationship before you do end up cheating if that's the case. Cheating sucks dick and don't be the one to do it

0|0
    0|0