Is there a big deal with a 3 year age difference?

This girl i went out with is 15 going on 16 and i'm 18 going on 19 should i get serious like into a relationship or just be friends?

Most Helpful Guy

• The younger you are, the bigger deal it is. Personally I don't think I would get involved in that. What my parents let me do at 15 was night and day different at 19. I would say dating a 15/16 year old would be a drag all the time because she is so young still. Sex, drinking, going out late, dealing with her parents would all be a problem. Depends on how you want to handle that. 19 and 22 is no problem.

• lol alright not sure about drinking etc i'm a cool guy more of a conservative christian kind of guy so we won't be having sex etc

• I would say as long as you are on good terms with her parents and family then it would be fine.

What Girls Said 3

• Usually it's nothing but since you are over the age of consent and she is under it then yeah it's a big deal

• What state do you live in? My boyfriend is 16 and I'm 19 but the age of consent in my state is 16 so it's fine. I don't think its a big deal anyway.

• Depends on where you are atm. If you're in the States there's the Romeo and Juliet law but she has to be able to consent (legally).

I have no opinion on this matter, this is just information. What you're willing to do with it is your decision tbh.

What Guys Said 2

• Eh, right now it's kinda a big deal.

Wait a few years.

• It's fine in my opinion