Girls, would you rather be with a man who is a mama's boy or a man who hates his mother/has a poor relationship with her?

Most common stereotypes that the vast majority of you ladies jump to the conclusion to:

Mama's Boy = Needy, Dependent weak beta male who relies on mommy too much.

A man who hates his mother/poor relationship = Future misogynist, rapist, serial killer and/or woman beater.

While I'm absolutely neither of these stereotypes, I'll admit, I am a mama's boy but I never once let my mother micromanage anything in my whole life. She's been very protective of me up til this very day but she absolutely does not mind that I have another woman that I love in my life as long as she treats me right and makes me happy. My mom does not spoil me or any of that crap. I work and pay most of my own bills and college tuition. She'll occasionally lend me some money if I ran out of my paycheck for spending it all on my bills. That's about it.

• Mama's Boy
    79% (26)
  • Man who has poor relationhip with mother
    21% (7)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

11

Most Helpful Girl

• In my experience, no good comes from a man who is up is mother's ass because he will always side with her and if she doesn't like you for whatever reason, you better believe she will influence is decision in the end if it means family tension. Unless he's a really head strong and independent guy. My guy for 10.5 years let is 20 year older than him sister call all the shots. Even when I had to take him to court for hitting me and trying to get access to our home so I can move my stuff out (since we can't be together in the same place if I have a restraining order against him) which was also in *her* name, she drove him to every court hearing and was trying to call all the shots with the lawyers and it was none of her business, saying I was crazy, etc. He was/is clearly a psycho and did me wrong but a la familia, they'd never go against him even if he was lying. My sister's second husband was eerily close to his mother and she broke *them* up. She talked him into leaving her before telling him to get an order against her to keep her out of the house he and my sister bought together. So yeah. Proceed with caution when it comes to jealous, vindictive, mothers and protecting their baby boys.

What Girls Said 10

• I like guys who are close to their mothers. I've heard that the way a guy treats his mom is how you can expect him to treat you. I've seen a few examples of this being true in my life. So voted A :)

• "I've heard that the way a guy treats his mom is how you can expect him to treat you."

Not always the case. I knew a few men who DESPISED their mothers yet treat their girlfriend/wives very well because they acknowleged that the only heartless cunt is their mothers, not the rest of the women.

• Yeah well same can be said for girls with "daddy issues". I have a very bad relationship with my father and hate it when people assume I have some kind of personality complex because of it. So yeah I see where you are going. Stereotypes suck and ALL people shouldn't be quick to jump to conclusions. Not just one gender.

• Pretty much. In fact, some of the very gruesome and dangerous misogynistic serial killers (like Ed Gein for instance) were huge mama's boys.

• Neither to be honest. I can't choose. Not all men are going to come out that way in those instances but if that's all I had, I couldn't pick... lol.

• Yeah, I just hate how a lot of people are very quick to jump to the conclusions that;

or

I knew a few men who despised their mothers but treated their girlfriend/wive well because they can distinguish between one heartless bitch (their mothers) between the good women in a whole gender. Also, some of the notorious serial killers like Ed Gein were Mama's boys yet they're misogynistic serial killers.

• I can't really answer this question since I myself have a horrible relationship with my own mom. So if he had a good reason I'll understand but I feel like everyone should appreciate their moms for all they do.

• My mans a mamas boy :) but his mom is an amazing sweet women. And she does do everything for him when he's at his parents. but he will do everything for me when we are at his house.

• It's always great to have a sweet but strong minded mother for boys because that gives them the impression of how women should behave and treat other people. There's a saying that a good father to a girl is an example of a how a man should treat her. I think the same holds true for good mothers to boys (with vice versa).

• I'd rather go for a mommy's boy. If a a guy mentions his mom in a concersation, I find it cute, but only if it happens from time to time. If he starts each and every sentense with "my mom and I..." I'd suggest him visiting a shrink before we actually take our relationship to the next level

• A mama's boy
    I know plently of them who aren't weak or dependent to anyone else except for their mother so it's okay plus some are cute

• I want to be with the mama boy

• I find if someone has a poor relationship with a family member it's usually for a good reason. I choose poor relationship over mamas boy is because I need a partner that is independent but that's just my preference

• Wow, hard choice. I want him to have a neutral relationship with her. Like, he loves her. But, also not a no good relationship with her.

• Mama's boy... I hate that term though, a man who is close to and respects and listens to their mother is not a "mama's boy". I couldn't date a man who treats his mother like shit (unless she is abused him or something extreme like that)