Girls, Do shy girls call or send texts back to a guy that they really like? If not, how come?

I don't if this counts as retrospective but a lot of people consider me as that nice guy that any girl would want to go out with, but I only want to go out with this one girl who used to be one of my middle school friends. I didn't have any feelings towards her until my freshman year of high school. I never got the chance to go out with her because so many jealous people ridiculed me for just being a decent guy to her.
Now we're both seniors at separate high schools (she stayed and I left.). She only became super nervous around me and no one else. If I was kind of far away, she would always either stare at me or smile really big and blush. If I was closer, she would still blush, but would cover her face or tried to hide.
After i moved, she surprisingly called me first back in January, (it's the first time any of us called each other) but didn't respond to my call on Valentine's day, nor did she respond back last March. Long story short, I just really miss her, I care about her, and I love her too much to make her think that I'm not interested in her anymore. I just hope I didn't do anything stupid.

4

Most Helpful Girl

• Mhmm... unfortunately yeah... I have done that. Sometimes life gets hectic. She seems to like you. Ask her out on a date! She'll probably be happy you did! Sometimes, or most times, a girl won't text/call first because she doesn't want to seem desperate, or because she has had poor experiences where guys have made her FEEL desperate for contacting them first. I wouldn't doubt that she's waiting for you to contact her first.

What Girls Said 3

• Well I am shy and I really don't like calling cause it seems hard to talk and I would get nervous and shit. But maybe she doesn't know what to say or she doesn't know how to put her feelings into words

• I love phoning guys but if it's a new relationship I wouldn't want to be too much and irritate the guy. But if he phones me il speak to him

• yes i would, im a shy person myself but sometimes i do not call/text back because i dont want to seem desperate or i just forget to or im busy personally i would want you to call me first.. but if she really likes you she will call you