What is your opinion on dating minors?

I'm really curious to see this question debated through multiple perspectives. Whether you think age differences don't matter, dating a minor is wrong, or perhaps something else, I would love to hear your opinion!

Also, the reason why I asked this question is because recently I've been asked by my best guy friend to be his girlfriend. Keeping in mind I'm 16 going on 17 and he's 19 going on 20. On top of my main question pertaining to dating minors, do you relate to this in any way? (Maybe you or someone else you know is involved in this kind of relationship)

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 19 and my boyfriend is 17. He was 15 and me 17 when we started dating, mind you he's gonna be 18 this year but he is currently a minor so as long as the difference isn't to big AND you aren't getting physical it's ok

What Guys Said 2

• If he knows your asking this question maybe the guy
    would wake up to realize he is dating a minor cause
    this is form of embarrassment on his part for wanting
    to date someone your age , he should find someone
    older closer to his age age 18 your high risk for him to
    take.

• I think it's gross at my age and I wouldn't consider it at all. I need a woman, not a girl.

What Girls Said 5

• I think 3 years is a bit much... My boyfriend is turning 18 in June and I turned 17 this year... I think max would be a 2 year difference but I wouldn't want to date someone any more than a year older or younger in this stage of my life.

• I have nothing in common with anyone under 20. Why would I want to date a kid who can only work at Mcdonald's making minimum wage, trying to drive and the biggest thing is prom. I'm not attracted to kids (yes I think teens are kids)

• Not my thing.

• In Texas, that's totally legal. We have the Romeo Juliet clause..17 is the legal consent age, and you can date anyone within 3 years of your age if you're 15.. just a thought. I had a boyfriend who was 15 and I was 17

• I think it's disgusting unless your 18-19 and the girl is 16+