This guy has changed now that we're dating. What to do?

We met through mutual friends in February , and we really clicked. He was charming, and funny, and really down-to-earth. I thought he was really self-possessed and cool and laid-back. But then at the beginning of April, he asked me out, and now we're dating. This might sound very narcissistic but I feel like I have him wrapped around my finger. He texts/calls me at least once a day, compliments me excessively, ignores his friends for me, and no longer has that easy-going feel about him anymore. I'm starting to regret agreeing to date him.

Does anyone have any advice or has experienced something similar? Is this just a side-effect of the honeymoon phase that I can expect to pass with time? Or is he just going to become a clinger?

What Guys Said 1

• That happens with a lot of guys. In many cases, it's because society has conditioned us to put our relationships on a pedestal and forsake everything else in our lives. As you're seeing firsthand, that's terrible advice, and it's the exact opposite of what we should be doing. My recommendation would be to have a chat with him and let him know that he has nothing to prove to you, and that you miss the easy-going, confident guy who attracted you in the first place. Hopefully he'll listen.

What Girls Said 1

• It's still fairly early to tell if he's just a clinger or if its the honeymoon phase. Can you tell me what u meant by he ignore his friends for you? Give an example.