I'm pregnant, but don't know how to tell this to my ex-boyfriend. Any advice?

My ex-boyfriend and I broke up last week and I found out this week that I am pregnant with his child. Though I feel really odd about telling him and feel I should raise the child on my own even though I know he'd make a good father. Anyone else had this type of experience and if so what happened? Thank you.

Most Helpful Girl

• They should make cards for problems like this. Something like "Whoops! I'm pregnant!" to smooth things over.

I wouldn't ever deprive a father of his child, so I would tell him. But I also wish that people would use more sense and realize that single-parent homes aren't the ideal situation--imo--for a child to be raised in.

• I'm sorry.
      It's just I don't want him to feel like I'm trapping him to be with me.

• I understand. Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done about that. Just have all the evidence prepared before you tell him (how far along you are, that you've been only with him in the past few months, that you are not trying to trap him but are only telling him because you feel that he should know his child).

No need to apologize to me. I hope you two work out though.

What Guys Said 2

• He has a right to know. Half of the genes in that kid are his.

• I would like to know doesn't matter what happened between us. is a baby! It may change for y'all 2

What Girls Said 4

• you should tell him I know it's extremely scary, he might think it's a ploy to get him back though so maybe tell him hey listen I need to talk to you about something really important and go from there. I hope he doesn't take it that way but it's possible,

• Pregnancy is an amazing journey so congrats mama. All you need to do is just tell him. He will find out eventually if you have mutual friends or he sees you out. Ultimately it's all up to you

• Thank you. It's more I just don't want him to feel trapped. That's the only thing really.

• I completely understand. Do what's best for you. I have a child and have been there

• you should tell him! its his child as well! he has every right to know

• Understood. Though I just don't know how to address it to him. I don't want him to feel like I'm trapping him.

• yeah that's a really hard thing, just sit him down and tell him 'its up to you what you do and I don't want you to feel trapped or anything but im having your baby, I was worried about telling you because we have just broken up... its up to you if your part of the babies life or not'

• Are you serious? How did this happen? Are you on birth control? Did you use condoms?

• Obviously like any other creation of a child.

• I won't get married though if he chooses not to. Why trap someone like that?
      That's not love in my outlook on things. Also, you never asked, so you didn't knos.

• Cause a child should have both their parents around. My boyfriends dad left him and his mom when he was 3 and his dad is never there for him.