Should I honestly just give up on trying to get a girlfriend in high school?

It really fills like girls (and sometimes guys) only really want a guy with amazing looks (which I don't have, I'm ugly lol) or if they don't have that they want a guy who they know who's parents are rich or who they konw has a job to spend all their money on them.

I've tried everything, I haven't been thirsty but I've been myself and it seems like that's not enough. So should I honestly just say "Buttfuck it" and just give up completely for the next 2 years? (I'm a Sophomore).

• Yes, HS dating is a waste of time
  • No, there HAS to be someone for you

Most Helpful Girl

• Dating in highschool is dumb. It's a waste of time, a distraction, and a source of stress. I had a two week thing in highschool and immediately regretted it; neither he nor the relationship was worth the time wasted or the disappointment that followed.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm kinda late to the party, but yeah it is a waste of time. In high school no one is serious enough to have a worth-while relationship. There is no point in liking someone, mistaking it for love, getting your heart ripped out of your chest, and screwing up things that really matter because of unwanted sadness and stress.

• High School dating is a waste if time. Why I say that is because there's a lot of expectations and maybe drama. First you have to get a good wardrobe, make sure you look cute, and trust me when I say a lot of people are so fake. I think college will be more.. Experiment-full. But that's just my opinion.

What Guys Said 2

• I think I'm going to stop trying too... not that I have much of a choice, since I'm graduating in exactly a month anyway.

It's been a rough journey never having a girlfriend, but whatever. I think curiosity has killed me, because I wanna know what having a high school GF is like SO BADLY, from the hanging out, and being able to do everything with her, to the sex, to known each others' family, etc. Ya know.

Supposedly, girls in college will start to get more serious, and stop looking for "Prince Charming", and start looking for the smart, cool, nice guys that will make for good husbands.

All the people who say high school dating is dumb have probably dated, so they don't the killer curiosity that rages within us forever alone high schoolers.

• I dont think high school relationships are meaningless like the other people who post, I had a 3 yr relationship with someone I got with during highschool and it was for the most part pretty great.

But I don't think you should really *look* for a gf, just wait until there's someone you really have feelings for. Not being in a relationship isn't the end of the world