Why do girls buy into the whole he is just super shy line?

I don't know I just feel like if a man really liked a female he would talk to her. Maybe that's just me. I also think men who just say this to girls don't want the girls to have a bruised ego

Most Helpful Girl

• Unless he has aspergers or something most guys will find a way to talk to a girl in his social circle if he likes her. Keyword: social circle. If he has no connection to her then some guys may not say anything. But the likelihood of a guy who never speaks to you liking u is pretty low. There aren't too many guys who are that shy. Some guys aren't outgoing and can be more subtle yes, but the "he's shy" excuse is overused to make girls feel better. More than likely he just doesn't like u

What Guys Said 13

• Because some guys ARE super shy and you seem to have no clue as to how difficult it can be for them to talk to a girl.

When I was younger I often would choke up talking to a girl I was interested in, but yet had no problem talking with girls I wasn't attracted to...

• They "buy into it" because it's actually true.

Why do you think it isn't? Care to provide your perspective?

• Dude if a guy truly liked a girl he would make a move. Even if it was through an online service

• No, not necessarily. I've known plenty of guys who liked a girl and didn't make a move, myself included. So. . .

• I'm sure you too would lack the confidence to just approach someone you seem to like. It's not that easy.

• Because it's usually true? Have you seen all the topics of guys wishing girls would approach them so they don't have to approach the girls?

• Would you talk to a man if you really liked him?

• Well just because she isn't a feminist doesn't mean anything

• I strongly disagree. I believe that it does because if she is a feminist, I feel like she will shame me. Granted, maybe that is extremely wrong to believe that. However, if the media didn't bombard me with feminist propaganda everyday of my life then I would think differently. So it actually means much more than you think. You are just not in a man's shoes to feel the shaming that we have to go through with feminists.

• Shyness is just a bad overall life trait. If he is truly shy he may not be a good boyfriend. So if he's not asking you out he may just be interested in other stuff.

• What makes you think he may not be a good boyfriend if he is truly shy

• I just don't like too much shyness in people. It's hindrance to many things in life. He may still be a good bf to you. But imagine if he needed to stand up to his boss or make new friends or speak on stage. If he's just shyand mumbles I find it unbecoming that's all...

• not all guys work like that. you cannot generalize things like that

• When I like you, I talk to you. When I don't like you, I will not talk to you. Simple.

• You are saying your old fastion and following it not like some girl who say but use it for there convince you are super of I am the guy then I will make the first move for sure.

• I'm shy and not confident so I just don't talk to girls even if I like them cause I'll just end up embarrassing myself.

• I am shy, sometimes it take a lot to talk to a girl you are crazy for... You will never understand bcz you would probably have an old time lame excuse that guys should talk first, Its a rule.

• It can go both ways honestly. There are in fact some guys that ARE that shy and act that way.. Also, there ARE guys that will use that excuse as well.

• Yeah I'm still waiting to ask a girl I like for her phone number.

What Girls Said 3

• there really are guys who are really shy. across the board- not just when it comes to talking to girls.

• I have no problem to talk to a guy first. If you like it, you should go for it. He does he else know that you're interested?
    But, I wouldn't really walk up to a shy guy. More because it's not good relationship material to be shy honestly.

• Some guys aren't interested in whatever girl. I would keep flirting until I got his number, if I thought I stood half a chance.