He's everything I've ever wanted.. So why don't I want it?

This guy and I have liked each other for almost four years, and now that we're finally in a place that we can be together, I'm not sure that I want it! I just got out of a crappy two year relationship, but I still miss him.

But this new guy is everything I've ever wanted. He's ridiculously sweet, smart, talented, well dressed, caring...

He wrote me a poem! He takes me out! He can't wait until the next time he sees me! He says I'm the most beautiful girl he's ever seen.

But why am I not falling totally head over heels? I'm casually seeing one or two other guys so I can figure out what I want from a relationship. I know this is what I want from a relationship, but it just feels weird!

What do I do? Why do I feel this way?

Lol no on ever answers my important questions!

Most Helpful Guy

• He put you on a pedestal and that doesn't turn you on.

What Guys Said 5

• Because subconsciously you either don't want yourself to be happy or you're not impressed that this dude is super into you.

• Thanks for the opinion. I haven't logged on since I posted this question, and I've run into quite a bit bigger of a problem since then... The build up of problems has recently reached its boiling point and I have taken a road that I wish I hadn't. While I'd love to let this guy in and let him help me, I really don't want to drag him into this, as once I tell him, he'd probably feel obligated to tell someone else.

• Maybe you should just be by yourself for a while and recharge your spirit.

• Its because we fear perfection. Life's a journey and each destination is a mystery closed. If you say "he's the one" and you stop looking, that journey is over. Its weird, and I don't understand it myself. But these are my thoughts. If this didn't make sense, just ask me to elaborate. Sorry!

• Remembering your other questions about you still wanting your ex. I think you need to get over him first then move on.

• when the right guy comes in you're you'll end up pregnant

• You got too many dicks to choose from. Trust me, if you had no choice for a while it wouldn't be a problem. You have too many choices at your feet and now you are likely to screw things up with what sounds like a great guy.

• Lol so you mean get rid of the other ones and just give this one a chance even though I feel nothing emotionally?

• Yes. If you have 6 desserts on your plate, you cannot truly enjoy the cherry cheesecake.
      If I got 4 chicks to date, why settle for one? But I can never really get close to one of them. If I date one- we can build something great. Of course that's just if you want to have a real relationship. If your just playing around then fine, but all the guys evolved should know about you seeing other guys so they don't invest more into things than you are willing to, and they can see multiple chicks as well. Glad I'm not involved in that!

What Girls Said 5

• I am confused as to why you are dating in the first place when clearly you are not ready for a relationship.
    You're just going to lead these guys on.
    I think you should take a time out to focus on yourself before you commit to anyone else.
    You have to be right before any relationship you have can be "right".

• Maybe you're not mentally or emotionally ready and need to give yourself a bit more time between the shitty relationship and a new one before you're in a place where it feels right.

• Give it some time. You're still hurting over the other guy. Be patient with this one, allow him to be there for you, and don't expect anything. It'll all work out.

• You feel that way because he is not the right guy for you. Even if you think he is amazing

• Because you finally have something you never could have. Now that you have it you don't want it