Girls, is being slightly nerdy a turn off?

i play video games and enjoy star wars books but i think im relatively attractive im 6"5 220 pounds but have never been able to get a girlfriend

• yes
    14% (7)
  • no
    86% (43)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

16

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, and no. I'd just say there's a limit. I think its kinda cute and refreshing to have a guy who's kind of needy and like "couldn't live without me" or "needs me in his life". Its honestly kinda cute :). But there's also a dominant type of needy where guys can think the girl belongs to them, that is a definite NO and i'd be like scared as hell, or sometimes, rarely though, the guy will want you around him so much that it becomes kind of annoying and you need a break, don't worry though, its ok to be kind of needy.

What Girls Said 15

• Not at all. A turn on to me. I love star wars and fantasy/sci-fi. As long as video games don't become more important than me (I have no problem with video games though) I have no problem with it at all. My boyfriend is a gamer and I am the fantasy/sci-fi junkie.

• I said yes though I'm really not into video games at all. I'm more into book nerds :) but there's no reason girls won't find you attractive. You're still very young. Why don't you go to a local or state con and find more people into what you're into? That might widen your dating pool

• You're young, and probably not very confident in yourself yet. That's okay. Learn to be more comfortable with yourself and with talking to other people (ie: making friends) and the rest will come eventually.

There's nothing wrong with you for not having dated anyone yet. You're good.

• No. My boyfriend is slightly nerdy even though he's an athlete and has the body of one too. By looking at him you would never guess he's kind of a nerd. But he likes superheroes, the hobbit movies, and video games. I don't mind. I usually end up playing video games with him.

You are young. You have plenty of time to get a girlfriend.

• No ways.. I prefer a more nerdy guy.

• well then how have i still not been able to get a girlfriend? :(

• Same can be said for me. I'm 21 and single. I'm also unable to find a boyfriend. You are 15 years old anyway. When I was your age I hardly knew people who had boyfriends or girlfriends.

• Being slightly nerdy is a big turn on for me.

• ok well then my last option of why girls don't like me is my religion cause im a Jehovah's witness and were actually not supposed to date unless were looking to get married but im kinda done with being a witness and just stay one to keep my parents happy

• I voted yes, but I meant no, my mistake!

• I'd rather have the nerd. We could play video games together. Also the nerd is more likely to become successful.

• Nerds are such a turn on! Sure its fun to fuck the star football player/s in school but after high school, most of these guys end up working minimal wage jobs or living off welfare... I'd rather have a nerd... a nerd as potential... one nerd was only 16 when he created in app that Apple bought from him for $1.6 million bucks...

Jocks are best at rough hard sex but nerds are best at making love :)

• noooo, I think a bit geeky and nerdy are the best they are way more fun to talk to, and that is definetly a turn on :P

• nerdy guys are cute, its better than one of those stuck up jocks

• No. I personally love nerdy geeky guys they are my favorite.

• I think being nerdy is good.

• Nothing wrong with that

• Nerdy guys are really cute