Why do women struggle with asking men out, and feel they have to wait for the man to make the first move?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I've tried that before and majority of times guys then assume I'm desperate or clingy. From what I've observed guys my age like the chase and lose interest if the girl keeps playing it obvious. I made that mistake a few times now and won't be making it again.

• I would view you as confident and sure in yourself. making me like and respect you more

• You go after the wrong guys then. I find it respectable when a woman goes up and asks me. It shows that she's confident and doesn't go by the old fashion rules.

• @XrabbitheartX- jy es baie oulik ;0

What Girls Said 7

• i always feel unsure of his feelings. i think because the man is expected to propose that is also expected in starting the relationship. just a traditional thing i guess

• Maybe i am old school, but, i just ask what they feel, rather than second guess. life is too short

• old school is good. keeping things traditional and keep the meaning of love

• sorry what are you getting some what aggy at me for not knowing how the guy feels wow back off?

• i don't really ever like anyone enough to ask them out.

• it's more "natural" for the guy to do it.

• I am getting this vision of a cat in my mind , toying with her kitty toys...

• Well like some girls here said it is because w do not want to sound too desesperate or clingy cause that will scare guys away. so I guess societay dicates is the man who have to ask a girl out. But on the oher hand in these time iwe can loose the guy to another girl if we do not come proactive and take the initiative to ask him out

• We are society my dear. We are the ones who keep this old traditions. Mind-set like yours represent the society you are talking about.

• I have no problem asking a guy out.

• I've done it once or twice and too be honest I think they think I'm desperate. So I won't be doing it again it totally knocked my confidence.

• I cannot fathom that, you must be asking insecure men

• I feel like the problem is that someone should do it anyway and just because men started now girls don't want anything to change. You say you felt as if they think you are desperate. Do you know what I feel, and I'm sure not the only one, when I ask a girl out? "She'll think I'm desperate, She'll say no, What have I done?, Do I look good? My teeth are like shit!, Do I smell?, Can she see my sweat?, Fuck this! I guess she didn't like me anyway." So you are talking about despair?

• I would worry that the guy would think I'm weird or something for asking him out. Its just not a common thing for a girl to do.

• I would view you as independent, confident, and sure in yourself. But I am older than the men you might date, who I would still view as 'boys'

What Guys Said 5

• Because it's counter to the basic mammalian biology we possess: the males compete, the females choose.

• Because they fear rejection that is the only reason...

• Both sexes do, so why in 2015 with women 'liberated' can't they embrace this

• Look the down voter knows what im talking about. Although it is 2015 they still have the fear so they leave it up to the man because its "his responsibility" thats a bs excuse.

• Men are more used to rejection than women its true

• No clue, I've asked the same question myself. Kinda says something about our society doesn't it? Either way it sucks for guys that can't make the first move

• Because they're pussies.

• Because women are fucking weak.

• Or maybe you are? 😒😒😒

• Oh good come back, with nothing to back it up.