What number of dates is a first kiss appropriate?

and other things like holding hands and such, I don't want to be coming on too soon in terms of touching and after how long should the issue of being "exclusive" and becoming boyfriend and girlfriend go

I was just asking this a general question, although I do have a girl in mind, I just don't want to rush into things and coming on to strong

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• As a general rule, you _must_ kiss her by the second date if you expect to have a serious relationship. Doesn't have to be a hot & heavy makeout. Can be a little peck at the end of the date.

But I'm firmly convinced that you _must_ kiss her by the second date.

Why?

First, if you want her to be your girlfriend you've got to behave like a boyfriend. And boyfriends want to kiss their girlfriends. Guys end up in the friend zone _only_ when they act like a friend, not a boyfriend. If you _don't_ kiss her by the second date, she may conclude that you're not interested in romance. If you _don't_ kiss her, she may lose interest, because women generally expect men to initiate.

Second, the kiss will help determine her intentions. By the time women are your age, they're probably (fairly) comfortable with kissing a date. Again, it doesn't have to be a deep, intense kiss. But if a girl is interested in you as a boyfriend, she will probably be willing and eager to kiss you by the second date. If she's unwilling to kiss you by the second date, that's often a red flag about her behavior and intentions.

These two rules aren't foolproof, of course, and there are always exceptions. But they're generally reliable as rules-of-thumb.

• Thanks!

• Also:

I recommend the hand-hold before the kiss. It's a good test. If she holds your hand, that's usually kind of a clearance for a kiss later in the date. If she's evasive about holding your hand, this girl might not be interested in you...

• The second date rule also applies to hugging, hand-holding and so on. Doesn't have to be prolonged or intense. But you've got to start behaving like a boyfriend by date 2.

Again, women will expect guys to initiate. So if you're walking along during date 1 or 2, and she seems interested in you, simply brush your hand against hers, then a moment later gently hold her hand. If she's interested in you, she won't resist...

• Show Older

What Girls Said 2

• okay then, like I said it depends how the girl is. for me I like a kiss on the cheek or a kiss on the lips at the end of a first date. lol, that's just me. you gotta get the girl first and see what she wants "fill her up"

• You don't know her name!

oh gosh, don't be shy and just go for it.

find out her name. lol just ask her and get her numberrrrrrr!

its not that hard sillly(:

• Good idea, although I don't even know her name, she knows mine, we worked on a assignment together in class and I made her laugh a few times, I need to build off that

• well this one dependds on a lot of things...

how long you have you and the girl been talking.

how far you have both gone.

what happened on the first date.

how romantic it was.

and id say 4 or 5 dates before

asking you to be your girlfriend.

let me know!

What Guys Said 1