Is it true, no one really ever gets over their first love?

Most Helpful Girl

• You get over them. You just don't forget them.

What Guys Said 4

• No true. It's just a generalization.

• No, It's not true maybe It's hard but with the time and being around new people or new lover will help to forget first love

• My parents didn't. That's why they married each other.

• It is true

What Girls Said 7

• I'm 22 and I had my first love when I was 18. I'm completely over him. I don't think about him anymore, and when I do I don't feel any sort of sadness or longing. I'm with my second (and hopefully last) love now and I'm infinitely happier with him than I ever was with my first love.

That being said, on the rare occasions I do see my first love (he's my friend's cousin, so it's inevitable), I do feel something. I can't describe what it is. It's not love, it's not longing, it's just something. I don't miss him in the least, but my guess is when you really love someone, they never fully leave you.

• Nope... got over him. I just thought of him now when you asked that question. He looks like a gremlin.

• My best friend has my heart! It's not like I want or need to date him I just love him and always have, I'm inlove with him and no matter who I like or go on dates with, I still love my bestfriend

• I hope they do I am still in love with my ex he was definitely my first love. But I think when I fall in love with someone else I don't think I will ever forget about him though.

• What the heck? I got over mine

• Nope. The first guy I loved I completely despise now. He is a F*cking A**hole.

• I broke up with my first love like 3 weeks ago and i fucking wish i could have him back, i miss him. I still haven't forgotten about him. Im 17 turning 18 soon and he was 21.

• I feel you girl, I broke up with mine 2 months ago and every now and then I miss him or things we would do, mostly having a best friend and someone to talk to all the time. It gets better. I thought it was the end of my world for the first 2 weeks. I hurt myself more than he hurt me. Just it's hard to accept things but eventually you will. If you know it's right to get back with him. Then get back with him. If you feel it's not right, you'll be better and get over it. Believe me. Just make yourself happy