Is it true there's someone for everyone?

Or is that a lie to make single people feel better?

Most Helpful Guy

• No. I think that's a total lie. There isn't someone for everyone. The problem is it's all really unpredictable and if people told you the truth many people would blame themselves. They'd think it's there fault because they aren't attractive enough or they're boring or blah blah blah. None of that is true either but it's really hard to convince people that. The truth is there's a lot of people out there and sometimes some people clique with a lot of people and others clique with very few. That's just life. But being unhappy and unkind to yourself definetly won't help. So we lie. Because it's easier to convince someone that they just need to wait then tell them the truth and help them through the potential depressive storm that comes with the ambiguity. The truth is no one really knows but since your human and all these other humans are also humans the chance of finding someone who likes you is actually pretty high.

What Guys Said 20

• No it's not just to make singles feel better in my opinion. There is someone out there who is going to find that who you are is exactly the person they are going to be with. But the down side to this is no one can tell you when or where you two will meet

• its a lie to comfort the singlies. just like how we all end up happy, that's a load of bullshit too lol.

• I mean, statistically speaking over the whole world it's possible to pair up almost everyone on earth with someone who fits vaguely to their sexual preference with a small number of people left over. So kind of? But if you are talking about such unscientific things as "destiny" and "soulmates" then no, and believing in such things could cause you to miss out on happiness.

• I believe that its true. Though most people will never find that person and die miserable, alone or having settled for who they did find.

• Totally a lie, it's a question of physical attractiveness and social competence, and interpersonal compatibility. If you are genuinely unlikeable, people just won't like you! And if they don't like you, why would they be with you?

• Statistically it's true, but the likelihood of meeting that person is so low that it may as well be a lie.

• Is there someone out there you would be compatible with? Yes. Will they appear in your life without effort? No.

• Not like destiny or anything but I like to think that there a guy or girl out there for everyone, just a matter of finding them.

• No, basically everyone wants someone special, and we can't all be special, so the average folks take what we can get. Some take a pass because they had their hearts set on special.

• Yes, but sometimes that someone is an animal.

• Yeah i think that could be true really hard to say

• Is it true there's someone for everyone: yes, Is it true everyone finds that someone: no.

• I'm starting to not believe that...

• No I don't believe me

• I think that's true. That has to be true! :)

• Well there's no shortage of people, that's for sure...

• I am single but I don't believe in this some people are just meant to live alone

• yeah.. they just don't have the chance to meet each other

• Sadly, I think it's a lie. If people have hope they won't give up.

What Girls Said 17

• Eh, I can't believe all you people believe that there's nobody out there for everybody. That its just a big hocus and a big fat lie. You realise there's like more than 7 billion people in this world right? There is someone out there for everybody. Really there is. You just haven't waited for long enough or looked for the one in the right direction. I've got myself a boyfriend, my OTP (one true pairing as my friends say) and my soul mate who is better than anyone I know (no offense, we just connect and all) and I myself truly did think I would literally never in a million billion years that I myself would in fact get a boyfriend and a future husband. (we plan to get married later on) Why so? Because I'm really unpopular and not exactly always boyfriend material and yet I managed to get one. There's a little old saying that I found in the girl's bathrooms, "You can't force someone to fall in love with you. God has someone out there for everyone. If its meant to be, it will be. You just have to be patient." Its not a lie at all. People just give up too soon and in my opinion by the tones of the other opinions down below me and above me, just don't want to find someone. If you want someone, you have to have a positive attitude by thinking happy thoughts and smiling. There are several more things you need, but moping about it, most certainly ain't gonna help nobody. Just remain positive, patient and persevere. You'll get through this and you will find your soul mate.

• it's a lie for all people.

• I actually think there could be more than obe somebody for everyone. No one is perfect. If you are both willing to compromise you could make it work with lots of different people.

• I would like to believe so, but I don't think so.

• Some people are more attractive and more open minded. They will find someone before another person might.

• The truth is there's nobody for anybody. ☺️

• no. we were not placed here to find our "other half". that's hippie nonsense.

• Yes, I believe in it

• I do happen to believe that

• Sometimes we lose the person we're "meant" to be with because we're too busy chasing someone who doesn't even want us

• I don't know, but I'll let you know if I ever find him.

• It's a lie!

• nope. its not.

• I don't believe that.
    I think it IS a lie.

• Not true, some people are destined to be single *sobbing* <-- probably me 😢😢

• I hope so
    But I don't think it's really true, it's more something to make people feel better

• I hope it is true coz I'd hate to end up alone.

• I believe it is because sometimes when I see people I'm just like if she can get a man I know I can get one. There's billions of people in the world and there is someone for everyone.