Girls, would you date a Jehovah's witness?

im a Jehovah's witness, i don't want to be anymore but i stay one for now cause my parents force me

• yes i would date u
    8% (2)
  • no i wouldn't date u
    92% (23)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll
also Jehovah's witnesses aren't supposed to date unless were looking for marriage which kinda sucks cause well im not looking for marriage at 15

12

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think I would. In my area, Jehovah's witnesses are forcing other people to change their religion. I find it disrespectful. If you respect other people's religions, it's totally ok.

• oh ok i didn't see it as forcing but that's fine

• ok thanks :)

What Girls Said 11

• Sure. I grew up going to the kingdom hall; although, I'm not a witness. A lot of people who despise witnesses are uneducated on them. They're still Christian just like any other denomination. I don't see JWs as trying to force their religion on people; some do some don't just like anyone of any religion. Atheists are just as guilty as forcing atheism upon people. Being a Jehovah's witness isn't bad or anything to be ashamed of. They are just as christian as anyone else; like any denomination, docterine beiefs vary and they are one of the more strict denominations.

Anyways, yes I would date one if we really connected. I would date almost anyone regardless of their religious affiliations if we were a compatible match and had the correct chemistry. If they'd be willing to compromise then so would I. I doubt it would work for dating JW though with the discouraging of having relations with worldly people outside of the congregations.

• Atheists don't go door to door preaching atheism, or scream at people about " the end" and the one true path, in the middle of the street.

• JW's don't scream at people, and going door to door to spread their beliefs with people isn't forcing their belief on anyone. In fact, if you ask them not to return, they won't! It's honestly not a big deal; they are doing it for a good purpose and only want the best for people. Unlike regular churches, people tend to automatically have a bad assumption about kingdom halls and don't go out of curiosity. The bible also says to spread the word of God so that's what they do. If you're atheist then that's fine but most atheists are the biggest ridiculers ever and talk shit about everyone who isn't atheist. "Forcing" of beliefs go both ways. Almost everything I've seen online from an atheist was just rude garbage towards people who weren't even bothering them. @ShaeNielson

• I have encountered screaming Jehovas witnesses many times, and even more frequently someone who doesn't understand a "go away"
      It is not at all okay to show up at peoples doors.

• Honestly I wouldn't just because of their high expectations and the judgments that they make about others simply because they don't believe in the same things. Your parents would probably hate me lol. my aunt and uncle are Jehovah's Witness and I've met their friends, not a good time

• really i didn't think i was very judgmental I've smoked weed and personally don't give a shit but ok lol

• I would not date a Jehovah's witness.

• I actually find religion as it is frightening. I believe there is something (one?) up there but I also think most of human ways of worshipping it are pretty much "bleh, bleh, meh". So I don't really think so. Sorry, but our opinions would probably differ way too much. Hypothetically speaking.

• It doesn't matter what your beliefs are. But if there is a problem we will find a way to get round it.
    Besides you said you didn't want to be one anymore

• That's actually interesting, the part about marriage. Wonder why my SO didn't tell me that lol.
    In answer to your question, yes I would date you.

• No I wouldn't.

As soon as you're 18, move out of your parents' house and do whatever you want.

• No, I'd never date a jehova's witness.

• Fuuuuuuuck no, no way, never. I won't even open my door too them.

• Have you become an apostate? Why would you want to leave Jehovah , the sovereign of the universe?

• no im not an apostate lol im just not sure and would like to see what the rest of the world has to offer then make my decision

• thanks uv been really helpful

• I do hope you decide to stay within jehovah's organisation, but do what you feel is right for you right now. All my Sisterly love x

• No, our views would differ too much. Plus I highly doubt a Jehovah's witness would date me anyway since I'm into Occultism and stuff