Do you think for guys, getting a girlfriend is easier in your teens and early 20's?

The reason why I feel getting a girlfriend is easier in your teens and early 20's is that because I think women hold men to different standards, expectations based on the guys age, like if a guy is in his teens and early 20's, all he pretty much needs is to be in shape, handsome, very good socially, good social-skills and conversations skills, confidence, high-esteem, assertive, has balls, very outgoing, goes out a lot, has a lot of friends, social proof, etc.,

It doesn't matter if he lives with his parents and is unemployed or just working a non-professional job such as McDonalds or a Grocery store, has a car at least, not exactly self-sufficient, fully independent yet, financially responsible yet, etc.

Meanwhile as a guy gets older, like mid to late 20's and for the rest of his life, sure he still needs those traits, attributes, that I mentioned earlier, but he now additionally needs to have a professional job, as in a career job, a job that provides financial stability or just pays well above minimum-wage, has his own place or at least not living with his parents anymore, fully self-sufficient, self-reliant, has to meet the provider category role more so than ever before.

People argue and say that it should get easier for men to attract women as they get older due to becoming more established in life, more financially stable, having his life together, etc., While yes I do see that point, but once a guy becomes well established, financially stable, he has a lot more responsibilities going on, has more work to do, more chores, less freedom due to more errands to run, and it looks or feels that the main type of women he will be attracting are either gold-diggers or women that are looking to get married, settle down or start a family, meanwhile the guy could not want any of that yet, he still wants to date and have casual relationships, wants to play the field.

Basically the long and short of it, is that a guy it seems can get away being lazy, unproductive in his life, lack ambition in his teens and early 20's and still get s girlfriend, get laid, but as he gets older, not anymore

Most Helpful Guy

• I actually think girls should wait until later to separate the guys who talk a good game to those that have real potential to be great dads and family men who hit it out of the park.

The so-called Alphas of 15-25 just can't hang at that point because they are good at things that really aren't that important to success like sports, dancing, talking a good game.

What Girls Said 1

• It all depends on the guy.

What Guys Said 7

• Just date younger girls. Yes, if you start dating girls who are 25+, marriage and family are much larger considerations for them. Can't blame them, because they have a finite shelf life, to put it crassly. There's no shortage of people out there playing the field, that's for sure. The only thing more difficult about meeting girls after college is the relatively scarcity of social contact with girls. Bars and clubs are no substitute for a college campus.

• Guy in teens = hot + car = win
    Guy in college = hot + car + ambition = win
    Guy out of college = Lose gold diggers want you to support them... :p

• I wholeheartedly agree!

• Your statement is true also depending where you live, there is more teen girls then boys and teen girls it's more competition just to have aboyfreind

• It is but it's harder to keep them too because young women sleep around more than men these days

• Actually, it has been a complete nightmare getting a girl in my teens and early 20s. I have to sell my soul and more to get a girl.

• be yourself and you will get a girlfriend. i am on the same boat