Is it a good idea to go camping for the weekend to meet the friends of the guy I'm dating?

I've been dating a guy for about 2 and 1/2 weeks (but had been talking for a month before we went on our first date). He invited me to go on a camping trip with his friends and is even changing his game plan to make sure I can come. I'm nervous because even though we've spent a significant amount of time together alone, we've never spent a whole weekend away together, let alone with all his friends. I want to meet them. But I can't help but feel overwhelmed because I won't have an escape route if things dont go well. (He's offered to drive, because the campground is approx 3 hours away) So I guess I'm looking for some advice that can help me make my decision.

Most Helpful Guy

• I hear your concerns...

You really have to think about how much you trust him. A little or a lot.

If it is a little then decline the invitation just say you don't feel comfortable with so many guys around and/or get some girlfriends to join you.

If you trust him a lot then you have nothing to worry about. But really figure out how much. If there is any doubt then you might want to bring some friends along. Strength in Numbers!!!

Ultimatly this is a tricky one to answer. It really comes down to trust and gut reaction. If you still want to go but have a slight doubt bring some friends and hopefully that will help.

• We've had talks that have helped him earn my trust, but Im trying to take it one small step at a time, but he's keeping me off balance by doing things like this. Half of me thinks I just need to jump in and stop overthinking and enjoy the moment, but the other half of me needs to protect myself.

• If he is taking things too fast then I would watch out. The key is not just how much you trust him but his friends too. I know you don't know them. But try to get as much information about them as possible. Their names and Facebook Twitter Etc. But only do it again if you are concerned. If you do go though try to enjoy yourself.

What Guys Said 1

• if u like camping... that's not bad... right?

• No its not bad, I love camping and I've told him all about it, I'm just nervous. I've been out of the dating game for a while. I know its a good sign he wants me to meet his friends.

• But I feel like I'm just being thrown into his life, vs gradually easing into it.

What Girls Said 1

• You right to be concerned. 2 & 1/2 weeks is awful soon in my books. I would be cautious if I were you.

• Yeah, I had the exact same thought, I mean, we met online and we haven't really had the talk about what we are, so if the friends start asking me, Im afraid I wouldn't know what to say. Its still too early for that kind of pressure..