How do you get over someone calling you ugly?

I only been called ugly twice in my life. Once online and once I overheard it by this guy I know. The first one he was just instigating with me and I didn't do anything to him to make him say that. The second was walking with his friends and they said positive things about me except him. Yet whenever I would see him he would always stare at me. Sometimes smirk/smile and sometimes give me a semi serious look.

Most Helpful Girl

• everyone's definition of beauty is different. people will find you pretty and some won't its the way life is.

What Guys Said 6

• Realize that everyone is ugly to someone else because humans are animals with egos. It ain't no thang.

• Stop caring. People only usually say you're ugly if they think if will hurt your feelings. You don't owe shit to them. How you feel about your appearance should not be affected by someone's opinion of you.

• I care because my appearances are important to me

• What's your point? Someone calling you "ugly" doesn't change how you look...

• Sooner or later in our lives there will be always someone who will think we're ugly or not good enough. Don't worry about it.

• You have to not believe them. or not care if you do believe them. I was called ugly here yesterday. It hurt but I didn't internalize it. To myself I look good, maybe not like radiator hotness, but decent enough. When someone calls me ugly I just don't really believe them. And if I'm wrong well then they calling me ugly can at least help me to improve myself

• Reply by saying sorry that you didn't turn out as a boy and continue calling him gay. A man's weakness.

• Well, do you care about either of them?

What Girls Said 3

• 1|0
  • Ignore him? Why pay any attention to some fool like that? Lol.

• Because it like barely happens to me so I get mad
      I like the attention I receive

• They were both beta males and not the so called "alpha" ones

• I will try not too

• Well, I'm so used to it I just dgaf anymore