Are interracial couples normal?

So I'm mixed (black and mexican..) and my boyfriend is white and we're 16 ... sometimes i notice people give us weird looks if we're out in public or at school and holding hands or something and i just wonder if everyone thinks it's not normal...
it seems perfectly fine to me...:/

Most Helpful Guy

• Most people wouldn't exist today if it wasn't for interracial relationships. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if no one in this world would exist if it wasn't for interracial relationships. Even if a person is 1/100000000 of one race and 99999999/100000000 another race.. they wouldn't exist if it wasn't for that one interracial relationship a millennium ago.

Not counting races.. but specific areas.. I am German, Irish, French, Dutch, English , Swedish, and Native North American. If it wasn't for every single one of my ancestors from each of these locations going out and mating with someone different to them I wouldn't exist. So, I'd say it's normal. Even if some people don't think so... It is perfectly normal.

• Thanks for MHO..

I would like to add.. Technically there are only 3 races in the world. These 3 races can be divided into subgroups.. but these subgroups all go back to one specific race. The three races are 1.. Caucasians such as Aryans, Hamites, and Semites.2. Mongolians, such as northern Mongolian, Chinese and Indo-Chinese, Japanese and Korean, Tibetan, Malayan, Polynesian, Maori, Micronesian, Eskimo, and American Indian and the 3rd race is Negroid such as African, Hottentots, Melanesians/Papua, “Negrito”, Australian Aborigine, Dravidians, Sinhalese...

I'm mixed with Caucasian and Mongolian, and you're mixed with Mongolian, Caucasian, and Negroid since Mexicans are a mix of Mongolians and Caucasian to begin with.

Embrace yourself, embrace your ancestry, and embrace your interracial relationship! :D

What Guys Said 5

• It depends on where you live as to how normal it is. There is more open racism in the South, so if you're down there you may have to put up with some jackoffs hassling you. Shrug it off is by far the best thing you can do, and be proud you're above such petty crap. Thankfully, and in part due to couples like you, racism is slowly but surely fading

• It;s beautiful

• People stare at couples all the time. However, if it's a weird kind of look than it maybe that they don't see that often and are curious or they may disapprove. Either way who cares.

• Not where I was born, but in America it's common

• nothing wrong with that
    we are not able tho choose we goin to be white or black when born in this world

What Girls Said 4

• It is more than normal. It is the best.

Well~ Some countries are still strict about interracial relationship. What they are doing is not wrong or right. Why? Because I personally think that nowadays there are so many opportunities. Why do you have to stick with one race when you can't find happiness or simply you just want to date outside your race?

I am Asian and my boyfriend is White. We both always hangout and go for a walk holding each others hands. I saw lots of people looking at us, but I don't care what is or are the meaning behind those looks. What matters is our feelings. My parents are very strict about dating people outside our race. But when I told them then introduce my White boyfriend. That have no problem as long as I am happy and he respects my family.

• It's normal, don't care about how others think. If you're happy together, that's all it matters. do not let anyone change your mind and make you think it's not normal. I'm Asian but i dated other ethnicities. In society today it shouldn't be weird at all.

• YAAAAAS! I support you!

• But to answer your question, two human beings being together regardless of race is a normal or natural thing. Now in certain societies and enviroments, it isn't normal to the community because people aren't used to it, but that doesn't mean that it is wrong or unnatural. Like any relationship, some people will support it and others won't. Just be strong, confident, and strut your love out for the world to see and maybe you'll even break barriers for people who can't cope with something different or abnormal to their own standards.

• Why do you even care about what others say or the way they look at you? What matters is that you and your boyfriend both love each other, fuck all the judgmental people