What's the longest you're willing to wait for sex when dating someone new?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 23

• I'll wait for marriage. If it takes years, it is worth the time getting to know the woman I may be spending the rest of my life with.

• Marriage would be the longest.

• it depends how often i see her. If i see her often then 10 dates max! If I'm really infatuated with her but don't get to see her often then I'll wait longer.

• I would wait until she is ready and ofcourse until we both deeply love each other.
    As for how long in total i could wait? I have no clue, probably very long.

• As long as it takes. I'm still a virgin; I was raised in a no-sex-before-marriage environment and I'm perfectly happy to wait for that, but my personal standard is no-sex-before-love.

• Probably after a month I'd start get to get antsy. I wouldn't have a cut-off point because if I rush them and then it is awful in hindsight I would have rather it not happened. If I really really like the girl I can be patient.

• From a girl i'm not planning to be with for a long time probably like 3 weeks but if i meet the girl of my dreams I don't know a lot maybe a year.

• I think half a year is reasonable, if you want an upper bound.

• I waited two years once. Ill wait to marriage for the right girl

• I waited 3 years to have sex with my first gf we started dating when we where 13 and finally did it at 16 stayed together till we where 18

• The longest I've waited is 6 months but I would've waited a lot longer for her because she's definitely worth it

• For eternity lol jk
    Ehhh, I could possibly wait til marriage.

• Until marriage.

• One year I suppo

• Fourty-eight hours, max. :-P

• I'd love to say marriage but it would be so hard. Realistically a year would be a difficult challenge but manageable. I guess I'd just have to actually test it out

• I could last as much as never having sex.

• till marriage...

• Not very long. Sex is very important and builds intimacy and connection.

• Forever and ever

• However long they want me to wait.

• Month max.

• If her panties aren't down to her ankles in 5 mins its over

What Girls Said 12

• Given that I'm a virgin... I'm waiting until I'm goddamn ready and comfortable with that person. No point in doing it sooner.

• In my mind, as long as it takes.

In reality, I'd probably put the pressure on after a few months to a year.

• However long it takes. I'm not rushing into anything and I'm not doing anything until I'm 110% sure that I'm ready. I made a mistake before. There will be no more mistakes when it comes to that.

• It depends how badly I want them, I guess. There's someone in particular I want right now, and it is killingggg me. I'm not dating them though.

Can't imagine it'd be any easier to wait when dating someone.

• As long as they are ready to. :) speaking in terms that we are in long term relationship.. and it is not a fling, and we love each other... lol. (:

• Marriage.

...

• Depends on the relationship
    But when it feels right to do.
    So I'd say around a year to about marriage.

• I'm a virgin. I could wait a long time.

• as long as it takes to love the person. i won't do shit if i don't love the guy

• Until I fall in love

• Till the moment is right I guess

• Odds are it'll be me we're waiting on, but if I'm ready and he's not, I'll wait however long it takes if I like him.