Is it okay that a person is 13 and dating a 17 year old?

• yes
  • no
  • who cares

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 12

• Whoa, its not okay!

• why isn't it

• There is a big gap. It would be okay if a girl is 17 18, and guy is 21 22. But 13 year is too young.

• The age gap is kinda big in my opinion. You won't have any problems with the law, I believe, until he turns 18, then if you have sex it's statutory rape, so it's better if you guys don't date, just to avoid growing feelings for someone you can't be with in one year.

• That's parenting if anything, when I was 17 I wouldn't date anybody under 16, but 13? That's a little too young for me.

• You must be joking! Damn.. Families gotta fix these crazy kids..

• Too big an age difference. 13 is very young. Also the older teen could get into serious legal trouble if there is any sexual contact.

• I don't think so, even in places where it would be legal.

• 13 to 17 is a huge difference because they are teen years during which you develop a lot
    13 you are hardly a teen
    17 you are almost a ready man (for males)

• ofcourse its not

• No of course that's not okay

• Yes of course. It's only a four year age gap, why wouldn't it be okay?

• Who is 13 ?

• Yeah of course, the age gap isn't a problem. But 13 is a bit young to be dating

What Girls Said 15

• Technically speaking 4 years isn't that much, but when you compare a 13 year old with a 17 year old, there's a huge difference. The 13 year old has just become a teenager, whereas the 17 year old will legally be considered an adult soon. A lot of things happen within those 4 years in terms of maturity. I really don't think it would be a healthy match. Like I said, 4 years isn't that much technically, if you compare a 20 year old with a 24 year old (for instance). But you do A LOT of growing in your teens, both physically and mentally. A 13 year old is still just a kid. A 17 year old is nearly an adult. That's not good.

• It's not ok because if they do anything he can go to jail for statutory rape which will label him a sex offender and a pedophile for life once he turns 18. Do you really want to risk him getting locked up and fucking up his life just because you can't control your brain and hormones?

• Um, no. Not because necessarily it's not okay for a 13 y. o. to have dates, but because a 13 y. o sees differently a relationship than a 17 y. o. I remember that when I was 13 I wanted to hold hands and just spend some time with my crush. When I was 17 I was over hormonal and wanted oh so much more.

• That's a terrible idea.

• No. That's pretty repulsive in my opinion. It doesn't matter if they're in the same school. It's sickening.

• 1-2 year gap maximum + or - your own age

ex: 13 & 15 ; 15 & 17 ; 17 & 19

but NOT 13 & 17

If when you are 19 & they are 23 and you want to date then go ahead at that point your development is closer, there is still a gap put that narrows as you age from then on.

• Oh god. Too young. I always thought that was creepy, even when I was in high school.

• No it's gross. 17 is basically an adult and 13 is basically a child. That's wrong and fucked up

• If my little sister (who is 13) brought home a 17 year old guy and said he was her boyfriend I would probably slit his throat right there.

That's pedophilic and disgusting

• It's not paedophilia, they are in a very similar age range.

• no you're too young why? because he wants to do something you ain't even ready for..

• They have nothing in common. So NO.

• Honestly it won't even work out, the person who is 17 is using the youngest for some sort in my opinion

• Yes it's weird
    They have different mind sets
    Just like a 18 year old dating a 24 year old +

• Eghhh no? Yes yeah it's okay.

• I'm dating a 37 year old... age doesn't matter :) as long as you are treated right and he loves you

• Sorry but that is suspect. A grown man of that age should know better than to be having a relationship with someone who is still classed as a child.

The Daddy's Girl name is just downright creepy in light of this info.

• i'm a real person... geeze :/

• sorry. I'm worried, that's all :/

• No, no it's not ok. That's far too much of an age gap for a 13yr old the oldest they should date should b 15. In the UK the age of consent is 16 so if they were to have sex he would be breaking the law. 13 is still a child, 17 is a young adult.