Guys, Is he interested and just needs time or am I being played (I am not too experienced with the dating scene)?

I recently met a guy online and I really like him. He is a recent paraplegic but that doesn’t bother me. I really like him and feel very comfortable around him. He is very tough to read though. After we met the first two times – both times, he wanted to meet late in the evening and stay in his car, he went MIA. So I texted him and told him that I liked the little I knew of him and would like to get to know him better and see where this goes. He responded after a week and told me he thought I was too innocent for the likes of him (he knows I am not very experienced in the relationship side). I told him okay, if he felt that way I can’t do much about it but he continued to talk to me about it and asked me if I would be okay being with him and getting physical knowing that it would be short term. I assured him that I am at a point in my life where I am not looking to settle but want to get comfortable with the whole dating game. He continued to talk to me through the night and kept wanting assurance that I would be fine if we were to start something. We decided to go ahead and planned a meet. He didn’t want too public a place (not sure if its due his condition or if he is just playing me here). The meet went well and we got a little intimate. We talked on and off after our meet. He claims he genuinely likes talking to me. However, I find that I often initiate text conversations, he responds about 80% of the time however, there are times when he will ignore my texts completely. I don't incessantly text, as I am not much of a talker myself, so I don't think I am clingy or anything. I do however like to break the ice and get comfortable with the guy I am seeing over texts and phone calls. He recently answered a philosophical question that I asked him but ignored my text about planning a possible meet. I texted him two days after about something to which he responded but the conversations die off pretty quickly. Did I text too much? Should I give up and move on?

4

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you put too much thought to how and when he responds.
    He has a life of his own, with friends, family and obligations.
    And sometimes, replying to extensive texting just isn't a priority.

Give it a rest for a while.
    If he's into you, he'll make contact.

What Guys Said 3

• While he says he is interested his level of response doesn't reflect it to be honest.

• Was sexting involved?

• You sound awesome, try not to worry.