Should I talk to him? If yes, what should I say?

There is this guy who I have been seeing on-and-off for the last 4 years, since I was 18. (22 now). We dated very short in 2011, but then I broke it off with him. I initiated contact in January 2013. When I wrote him after a date in August 2013, he didn't write me back. We haven't been in touch dinvr until he decided to add me on facebook, a year later, August 2014. So far he hasn't written me, and I am really curious on how he is doing. Should I write him, and if so what should I say?

So many questions are going through my head.
Should I contact him?
Why did he add me?
Is he expecting me to write him?
What's the point of having me on facebook if he doesn't write me?

• Yes, he probably coward out to write you first
  • No, he's a jerk
  • Wait until he writes you first
  • Other (comment)

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a shy guy. Sure, I write the girl I like, but not always first.

What Guys Said 1

• Giiiiiirl
    Tell me more..
    Why you're supposed to initiate the contact first?

• He did add me on facebook first, I don't know, maybe he is too chickened out to write me? He is someone who usually hates confrontations. I was thinking if I should write him if he has tickets for a party or something, just to open up a conversation. But I don't know if that's a good idea or not..

• It's good idea actually ;-)

What Girls Said 1

• I think you should write to him. Maybe he didn't respond earlier because emotions were still too raw. But now that time has passed, he's added you which is a very good sign that he's thinking about you, wanting to check in with you and still cares... potentially meaning he wants to reconnect but is too scared to do it first.

You don't add people on facebook if you don't want to talk/reconnect somehow. That's my thought.