Girls get friend zoned too?

I've seen a lot of guys on here say 'ohhh girls have nothing to worry about, they can get whoever they want, men have it worse blah blah blah' when in reality tons of girls get friendzoned just like the guys do.

When I was in high-school I was practically classed as a 'lad' and guys didn't see me as anything more but just one of the boys, I was really nerdy and barely had any girl mates, and through those high school years barely any guy would bat an eye at me because I just wasn't what they wanted and many of my guy mates had put me in the said 'friendzone' but as soon as I reached 16 I started getting more girlier, my boobs kicked in, I lost a lot of my baby weight and boyyyyy does that change the thoughts of men around you haha, so yeah the point is loadssss of girls can get friendzoned just like you guys do if we don't look or act a certain way and yes it goes the same for guys unfortunetly and it sucks :P

opinions?

Most Helpful Guy

• If by 'friend-zoned' you mean being seen as a friend only, then yes of course girls get friend-zoned, though less than guys.

That said, a girl will rarely know that's she's friend-zoned, because she would actually have to make a move to get an answer.

And actually what's more common for a girl than being friend-zoned is being sex-zoned, in other words being seen as a potential sex partner only and not as a potential girlfriend.

And I don't think you should count what happened to you pre-adulthood in your friend-zone tally. And, besides, how do you know you were friend-zoned, if you didn't actually make a move? Guys can be shy too, and increasingly these days they are.

What Guys Said 5

• Totally agree - Both genders can be friendzoned.

• usually, a guy will friendzone a girl for one of three reasons:
    1) he doesn't find her attractive
    2) he is in a relationship
    3) he is gay

and the first two don't even really carry that much weight, to be honest..

• same reasons why a girl would friend zone a guy

• I figured. I think 'friendzoned' guys are misled by all the talk they hear from women who claim not to care about looks as much as they care about personality. I mean, that's probably true for women when considering a long-term relationship, and it is also true that a long term relationship is of more importance to most women than a short term relationship. But, before a relationship can become long-term, it first has to be short-term. And that requires physical attraction.

• yep girls get friendzone too

• Not as likely as guys tends to get friend zoned, but yea it happens.

• No they don't

What Girls Said 2

• Yes. Many women get friend-zoned. Absolutely true. I just think that there is a HUGE discrepancy in this: more men get friend-zoned than women (imo).

While many men wouldn't mind dating a woman who isn't that attractive to him but her personality makes up for it, I don't think there are much less women who would do that.

Every time I see/read/hear a woman commenting on her guy and he's not as attractive as she'd like, he's still SOMEWHAT attractive to her.

• yeah people always say to my boyfriend that he's punching above his own weight and it pisses me off cos what they find attractive and what I find attractive are completely different

• Exactly. They're doing nothing except trying to take cheap shots at his self-esteem.

• Yeah I got friend-zooned once. He said ''what, I just want to be your friend!'' my heart broke.

• Goodness. Everyone needs to shut up and stop whining about this imaginary "friendzone". I swear, people up here on GAG sound like straight up cry babies when they talk about being stuck in some silly little friend zone.
    GET OVER IT AND MOVE FORWARD. It's that simple. Someone doesn't want you so accept it. You're not in a zone: someone just genuinely has no interest in you romantically or sexually. Move on with your life.