Do you consider it acceptable in contemporary society for a girl to make the first move in terms of asking a guy out or approaching him first?

• Acceptable
  • Unacceptable
My take on this is that it's acceptable, but I just wish more women were aware of it and actually took the initiative.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have been asked out when I was thinking about doing it then they took the initiative, no messing about, it was awesome!

What Girls Said 8

• Yeah, it's absolutely acceptable.

• It's more acceptable now but not many girls take the initiative

• I'm a little bit old fashioned haha, so I think it's the guy who should ask out first or else he's not interested in you. I also have read into a lot of psychological behavior of men to just know that it's a biological thing for a male to make the first move first, and if he doesn't he isn't interested. Reading those researches and articles about it made me kind of get this old-fashioned view..

• Asking out and approaching are different in my mind. I believe that approaching first is fine. I don't think girls should ask a guy out.

• Why exactly? Just curios

• I'm traditional. I just feel lke that is a man's job. That's just how I feel, I really support traditional ways. It shows that he is brave and also that he is actually interested in the girl.

• It's about damn time we do ! they're always doind all the work. I feel sorry for'em sometimes.

• I think its acceptable

• Yes why wouldn't it be acceptable?

• It's acceptable but personally I wouldn't do it unless I was really into him

What Guys Said 4

• sure it's acceptable... we live in 2015 dude

• If it's acceptable, then why don't we have a greater quantity of females actively approaching or asking other men out? Why is it, for the vast majority of cases, the opposite. I live in a liberal area with an open minded population, by the way, and it's still quite the rarity; in many situations, it's unheard of and unacceptable...

• Obviously because girls find it "awkward "

If every1 could get rid of that norm... everything would b fine

• If it's "obviously" awkward, then it isn't the socially conditioned norm which it should be in the year 2015, thus it's considered unacceptable and not the standard. Your response didn't get us anywhere...

• its more than acceptable. sometimes, its necessary

• Can't think of a reason why it'd be unacceptable.

• I'd like to know too. We should ask the women.

• Most women would say that it's acceptable, but I doubt most of them would be up to the task of actually taking action and doing it.

• I'm the prize, so if she wants something, she'd better do the asking. Nothing about her is so special for me to go out of my way.