To any guys who have been in my position, how do I overcome fear of women?

I'm one of those quite and observent guys (Scorpio. . .) and I'm so shy but despite this I'm pretty good looking (Many girls have rated me 8+) and this has ruined my chances of getting a gf. I don't understand it at all, this last girl I liked was arguably one of the best looking girls in our school (and she liked me too, it was beyond obvious) but I simply couldn't overcome this fear of women to make the first move, I don't know if she still likes me though it's highly unlikely. This isn't the first time either and at this rate it won't be the last.

Anyway, how did you finally overcome this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I forced myself out of my shell by doing it immediately/without thought ie: cute guy standing there i just went up and said hi before I could stop myself... its so awkward at first but it gets easier with time the more people you do it to, trust me. Rejection isn't that bad, you brush yourself off trust me and soon you forget it. I mean the worst that can happen is a no? oh man, how tough.. some stranger doesn't wanna date me... she doesn't know what she's missing... and find another... simple as that :)

What Girls Said 2

• I know you were looking specifically for a guy's opinion, but I thought I'd throw my two cents in here. A lot of girls would just take your shyness for indifference, thinking that, because you aren't making a move, you just don't care enough to do anything. Obviously that isn't true. At some point, I guess, you just reach a point where you realize that, if you blow this opportunity, you're never getting it back. The girl that was meant for you might walk out of your life because you were afraid. You figure out that, hey, if I get rejected, I won't die. Then you weigh the pros of making a move and you realize that making a move is worth it. Sort of something you figure out as time goes on. Good luck!

• Yeah this last girl that liked me I can suspect I basically blew my chances, all the signs were there - She talked my social media, she looked at me in the halls, she basically did most of the signs to suggest she's at least interested in knowing me and I didn't even say anything which sucks because this is one of those girls that most guys would kill to cuff lol

• Oh well maybe next time, I could always try again with her since she's single (and from the looks of it has been single and will remain single for a while) but it would be probably pointless.

• You could for sure try again. If you like her a lot, talk to her. The worst she can say is, "I don't have feelings for you." It will bite, but you'll move on with your life and you won't regret not doing anything or wondering what could have happened. Best case scenario, she returns your feelings and thinks your hesitancy was adorable. At the end of it, though, it is up to you.

• I know your asking men, but you shouldn't be afraid of women. If there is a women you really like, you won't be scared of her.

What Guys Said 3

• i get what you're feeling. being around the girl makes you overly anxious and you in turn avoid them. am i right in any way?

• Yeah I'll basically be like "Today I'm gonna say hi!" then when I see her, right there, I'll just act like I didn't spend the last day preparing for this encounter. Sucks so much when you add in that these girls like me more then 50% of the time.

• to be honest, i'm in the same position as you so i can't really help but i guess the best thing to do is "exposure therapy". just expose yourself to the trigger (girls you like) in small steps until you feel comfortable around them. you know, i think we just grow out of it anyway.

• Man im 23 and still struggling with it

• Practice little by little...