Did you go to your prom?

'Tis the season when we see kids in tuxes and evening gowns acting like good sports as their parents embarass them by taking a thousand pictures before they pile into the limo and head off to prom! Did you go to yours? Did you have a good time? Are you still in touch with your prom date?

To answer my own questions:

Yes, I went to prom
I had a great time
I'm still in touch with my date after nearly 30 years. We remain friends to this day.

Most Helpful Girl

• I went to my prom. No, I didn't really have a good time at all. I didn't have a date as nobody wanted to go with me (dates weren't required but it still would have been nice to have one). My friends were mostly busy with their dates so I was alone most of the time. I didn't get to dance with any guys even though I asked them. Maybe I was too forward. My brother was there and he felt bad for me, and tried to get a couple of his friends to dance with me but it didn't work.

I had saved up over $200 for the ticket, a dress, shoes, makeup, and hairstyling. My parents helped me but that's still a lot of money for a 17 year old. Turned out to be a colossal waste of time and money.

I went home and cried. In hindsight, that was probably an overreaction. I sometimes wish I could do it over again, but it is what it is.

• Wow. I'm sure you could make a novella out of that. Or a song. That is indeed a lot of money for a 17 year old.

Did you learn anything from that experience?

• I was a social outcast in high school. I had a lot of friends but I felt like I never belonged, and other people used to make fun of me. University was a fresh start and I took advantage of all the opportunities I got to mingle with people and make new friends. Plus, I landed an extroverted boyfriend so I was thrown into a world of socialization I had never known before.

• I wasn't a social outcast in my high school, I just wasn't particularly interested in fitting in. I had a group of close friends and that was more than enough for me.

I was all business in college. I went to class, studied, got good grades, and graduated. I didn't make any close friends at all.

What Girls Said 10

• Yes, I did went to Prom. Yes, i did had a great time! No, I didn't had a date, I with a group of friends :)

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...ca57ba69f4.jpg

• Yes I did. I went to both my Junior and Senior proms. And then I went to my boyfriend's Senior prom because I'm older than him :p 3 proms for me!

I enjoyed myself at all of them. Junior prom wasn't AS much fun as the others though.

• yes.
    i hated it. i regret wasting so much on one night that was so dumb. the stuff we did after prom was more fun than prom itself.

• Our of curiosity, why do you think the prom was "so dumb?"
      And I agree the after prom parties are often more fun than the prom itself.

• Interesting. What was the show?

• i don't even remember lol. some kind of comedy

• Nope and I dont regret it one bit

• yes both junior and senior year

• Did you have a good time?
      Are you in touch with your date (s)?

• junior was a newer boyfriend like only a few weeks. senior year we were not together but I went with someone else, but I dated the guy from junior year off and on for 4 years.

• -Yes.

-It was ok.

-No.

• No I never went to many bad things happened in high school.

• Yes, I went to my Junior and Senior prom, had a good time at both. No, I'm not in touch with either of the guys.

• My high school did not have a junior prom. I wonder if this is kind of a (relatively) new phenomenon, or if my high school was a rarity.

• I'm sorry, I should have been more specific. We had one prom that both Juniors and Seniors went to. I went both years.

• I am going this June with my guy friend who only likes me as a friend even though I'm basically in live with him... any advice?

• Have fun. Have a great time. Enjoy yourself. If it happens, then it happens. You can't make it happen.

• Ah thanks :)

• No, neither me nor my SO were interested in going...

What Guys Said 5

• There wasn't a prom in our public HS, just a drink and a speech. I didn't go to the proms in college (I don't even know if there was one) and university (I was 300 miles away 'fornicating' with my girlfriend and we had too much fun there to go back for a prom. My uncle in Paris had loaned us his apt.)

• Went to a junior prom and I was like "WHOA!"

Went to a senior prom and I was like "Bruh"

It was whatever. I try not to think about high school anymore.

• High school? Yes. College? No.

• Honestly, I'd never even heard of college proms. Mine did not have one. I wonder how common they are.

• Yes I did with my highschool girlfriend. We both had a really great time. The 10 year is coming up soon and I'll meet them again soon.

• I went to two separate proms with two separate women. I wouldn't do that now, but I was pretty inconsiderate back then :/