Do girls find short guys unattractive?

I'm around 5'5 so will girls get turned off by my height? I know girls like tall guys so maybe I'm screwed in terms of finding a girl.

Most Helpful Guy

• Most girls will tell you that they have absolutely no interest in short men; but the realty is, I'm living proof that the majority of them are flat out lying! Ever since 6th grade I've never had any difficulty attracting the opposite sex, ever! I've always had at least a handful of girls every semester, since middle school and up to the present day in college, who are constantly chasing after me or are consistently flirting with me. I've had girls as short as 4'5" to girls as tall as 5'10", like the blond-haired blue-eyed basketball payer in my communications class, fight for my interest and attention. I'm only 5'3", By the way! How do I do it? You need to have confidence! Girls don't necessarily like tall guys because they're tall; they like them because they exude an aura of confidence! The way I see it, if you're comfortable in your skin, they'll be comfortable with you too! So build some confidence, go out there, and hunt 'em down champ!

What Girls Said 5

• Well I am not going to automatically rule guys that exact height out... but I'm not typically attracted to guys that are my height (5'2") and under... I like guys who can tower over me and make me feel safe.

• No. Being tal has never ever been a requirement of mine. I have never heard any girlfriend of mine say they needed a tall guy either. I never heard of this until joining this site. I am 5 ft tall. The shortest guy that I have ever been with was 5 ft 3 in and the tallest was 5 ft 7 in.

• Still taller than me... Lol thats all that matters

• In general yeah girls prefer taller guys but that doesn't mean we wouldn't date a guy who is short. Preferences are just preferences

• I like short guys too.

What Guys Said 8

• I'm the same height and basically, our market is extremely limited. And the fact that I'm not attracted to any Asians whatsoever doesn't help either.

• Typically women will like men taller than them. The pickier height preferenced ones will want 6ft plus. There are always exceptions of course.

• its not a problem unless you make it one

• wear two insoles to add an inch

• when i met my wife 10 years ago, she said she doesn't date guys under 6'3''... we were just friends then but i am 5'9''

• no it just makes them more likely to overlook you pun intended.

• Short as in like midget status or short as above 5 feet?

• Yes, short guys are the equivalent of fat girls.