Is it necessary to have a boyfriend to be accepted in society?

I feel preassure from family and friends to meet guys and get a serious relationship.
Im going to be 24 this summer, but I don't want anything serious now. I have friends who get married, have kids and it looks so stressful.
Especially now, that people push me to meet guys, who I dont want to.
I want to enjoy life the way I see it.
Why I need to have a boyfriend if I don't want to?
I start to think to date whatever guy, so they leave me alone.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because they feel the need to have a partner doesn't mean you must follow suit. You do what makes you happy, not what pelases others.

• Thanks for the mho :)

• Because all my friends are in couple or married. Even my 15 cousion has a bf.
      They probably think Im weird or that men dont like me.

• Oh well, that's their problem. As long as you are happy then they should be happy for you. You don't need a partner to be happy, a lot of people can't gettheir heads around that though. It also doesn't mean you want to be alone for the rest of your life - just means that things are as you want them right now.

What Guys Said 4

• Haha no not at all, if that society really exists then it must be a stupid society.

• You dont have to if you feel that way who cares about what they say is "The Right Thing"

• Not really if you dont feel like dont get into relation and for society _|_

• It's a balance between what your family wants and what you want. Your family wants to see you in a relationship and you want to be free. I'm in a very similar situation. My parents are accepting enough for me to go at my own pace with things. But deep down they want to see me with someone eventually just like all parents want for their children. So you just need to keep that in mind and balance you own interests with social pressures and stuff. Just a question of balancing. If your parents are pushing too hard you may need to tell them to back off somewhat.

What Girls Said 3

• At 24 no. You can still be working to have a good career. So you dont really. need to be In a serious relationship if u dont want to. Society dont care... maybe ur parents might I don't know lol

• Bring a girlfriend home. It will shut them up.

• No it is not