Could a guy still be interested?

I was wondering if there would be a guy that would still be interested in me. I have pcos (non contagious disorder) compounded with a digestive disorder. When I was 19, I started to gain a ton of weight, even though I was active and eating healthy. I gained over 100 pounds over the last 10 years. When I turned 29, I was at my heaviest, and no matter what I did, I couldn't lose weight, plus I felt really sick. So, during these years, I kept my distance and didn't date.

I am 31 now, and lost over 100 pounds. I am 134 pounds, and continue to lose weight and get back to normal. However during my ordeal, my body isn't as great as it used to be, so I have slight stretch marks and mild hair loss. I am outgoing, caring, and sweet (at least that's what everyone tells me). My friends tell me I'm pretty and adorable, and I make them laugh.

Now, I haven't dated in a really long time. I can't eat out at a restaurant because I can only eat very specific food that I have to prepare (not by choice, it's the only thing I can digest). I still know how to cook, and I could make regular meals for my guy, and he could eat it all if he wanted. He could also go and pick up whatever food whenever he wanted, because I can't eat it. I can go out for several hours, and it usually goes well if it's colder outside. Although, if it's hot out then I do get a bit sick/faint and would just need to stay inside or find a way to cool off (like at the beach, just be underneath the big umbrella).

It is a bit difficult to meet new people, since I work from home. I don't need someone to take care of me, because I can do that myself. I would like a partner in life, someone who cares for me and I for him. Someone we could share adventures, stories and support one another (emotionally and career wise). If I tried a dating site, usually they want to go out to eat, and I don't know if there would be a man that is ok with my situation? What do you all think?

• Yes, still a possibility
  • No, not really

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, it is possible, but it will need to be someone who is compassionate, patient, and understanding. Have you tried support groups for people with chronic illnesses? Maybe you would meet a nice guy there? What about one of the larger churches in the area? Larger churches tend to have activities designed especially for singles.

• Thank you for the response! I haven't tried a support group yet, but I will look into that. I do not go to church, but it's not that I mind if someone else goes. Would it be wrong of me to go to a church singles event even though I do not attend that church?

• Okay, thank you for the information! I will look into it for sure.

• Thanks for the MHO

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Wow. But yes I think so

• Why the wow? Also, thank you for the vote and response!