Is it racist if I dont date black guys and I'm black?

just wondering.. im not attracted to them

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think so. Date whoever you want and no one should care.

What Guys Said 37

• From the eyes of someone like myself who sees beauty in EVERY race, I have always found it to be pretty racist that someone could find an ENTIRE RACE unattractive. Maybe if everyone within a race looked identical then I can understand such preference, but since everyone within a race have their own individual look and personality, then it comes off as "racist" to me.

When a person excludes an entire group of people as dating potential, then that tells me that they find something exclusively in that group unattractive or undesirable.

• most black girls I've seen on here are the exact same,

• You can prefer that you like other men of other races but I can't understand how you can say you aren't attracted to them. Every one person is not the same so I don't get how you'd say such a thing. Men of other cultures will do the same because they're all men color doesn't mean anything so you sound a bit discriminate

• I don't think this is racist. Just because you are not attracted to someone, does not mean you are discriminating against them. If a guy decided he was gay and didn't want to date girls. This does not mean he is sexist. Your only racist if you treat people badly based on skin colour or race. Not wanting to date someone does not mean you are treating them bad. It's just your choice.

• Not racist at all.
    Now if you didn't date them "because" they're black, then that's racist.
    Either way Muhammed Ali would be most displeased

• Same thing I said. Some people don't agree.

• I have no problems with people being attracted to other races. I myself have been attracted to other races. I just feel like if you're not dating them because they are a specific race, then that's racist.

• It comes off as disrespectful of your own kind but I don't really care about it personally.

• Nah date whoever you want
    It's racist but in the back of my mind I'd be wondering if self-hate is involved

• 1) black people can be racist, but it's not against black people.
    2) if you don't like black guys, no-one in the world will force you to like them.

• Black people can't be racist? You sure about that?

You know, Racist dosent mean abuse towards blacks, Its all nationalities and such (I. e Asian, Caucasian, Black, Latina, Arabian..) And then abuse to members for being from a certain country is racist too. Not just black skin colour..

• Blk people can't be racist? I got some bad news for u bro. Anyone who thinks that blk people can't be racist are infact racist pos with delusional theories... (:

• Who said black people can't be racist?

• The real question is are you attracted to every other race but black?

• pretty much but mainly white.

• No, it's just an attraction preference like any other. If a woman won't date a man under 6'ft tall, does that mean she has self esteem issues? Physical attraction is naturally unfair, but there is a lid for every pot. Skin color and race in terms of choosing a partner, is like any other body feature. No different in my eyes.

• @northeast106 bad analogy

• If you don't date them because they're black, then yes. That's racism - regardless of what color you are. I'd be racist if I didn't date a white woman because she's white. Of course, I like women of all colors. So, this isn't a problem for me. Racism, from what I understand it to be, is a hatred or strong dislike of someone because of a different color of skin/race.

• How can it be raciest if you're black?

• That wasn't put so well. So let me clear this up a little. How can you be raciest against another black if you are black?

• Everyone is racist.. People that swear that they are not, well, they are the most racist of them all. you're fine Girl, Date who you want.

• I'm Asian and I'm not attracted to any Asians whatsoever, so touché?

• Usually people are attracted to others that are completely different looking than themselves. It has to do with genetics or something like that.

• This is so true, I don't understand why people say the opposite. I think it has something to do with evolution and biologically wanting to create a different type of race or form of human by mixing to the point where everyone is mixed. But for others Biologically it's the same race because you feel like you trust them more and your more comfortable not because of evolution. Since the purpose of evolution is more around changing, not staying the same.

• Yeah there's less chance of genetic defects when there's more genetic diversity. @SakuraChii

• It is your personal choice who you date.

• no its not

• Its a preferences... doesn't have nothing to do with racism

• No. I like white booty more than black booty.

• Uhhh... No?

• Yep, you're disqualifying your own race. Are you saying you've met every single black guy and aren't attracted to any black man alive? See, you're disqualifying them based on race. RCIST! :p

• Technically yeah, but who you date is up to you - society shouldn't really interfere.

• nope... that not racist for me.
    that your decision, and we can't force the feeling to like A or B or C.
    it become a racist if you talk generally about the "bad things" of some race

• How can it be?

• date whoever the heck you want

• No it's not. You like what you like, ignore the haters...

• No its just your personality

• Its your choice completely nothing racist about that

• not racist. everyone has their preference

• i don't get how you can be racist to other black people..

• An apparently black woman on GAG not attracted to black guys? Not surprising, but what doesn't add up is that out of any race in real life black woman are attracted to and date their own race the MOST. Funny how GAG in no way reflects real life, only time I ever come across this is from apparently black woman on GAG.

• More from Guys
    7

What Girls Said 27

• How could you find your own phenotype undesirable?

To me, it looks like self hate.
    Many of the people I have spoken to that exclude their own race produce a list of stereotypes about their own people. They even have had bad experiences with them which draws them away.

to me this goes beyond a preference, it's underlying a bigger issue.

it's okay to date other races but to completely exclude your own is a different story.

• @Northeast106

hah, i probably will at some point

• @Watermelonoma You should, life is short. Enjoy the shit out of it lol.

• I don't understand it.
    How can anyone find a group of people unattractive solely because of their skin color?
    It makes no sense to me.

• People are attracted to who they are attracted to. Although you don't see them as "phwooooar" objects, you probably appreciate their body/beauty/etc?

I only like white men (so far). I find their features most attractive. Does that make me racist to other races? No. Because I still accept other races, and being racist is about being prejudice.

Don't beat yourself up about it. Some people like white chocolate, some like milk, some like dark. Takes liquorice allsorts to make a world :)

• I'm white but I sure do appreciate my dark chocolate husband, best damn thing to walk this earth ;-)

• It's not racist. I wouldn't date them either

• Obviously it's racist. By definition racism means you discriminate based on race. The real question is whether it's wrong or evil - no it's not. Racism in the sexual arena is perfectly OK; ignore the far left's brainwashing campaigns that tries to convince you that racism in your sexual preferences is evil.

Regardless, rejecting the men from your own race is one of the worst things a woman can ever do. Men and women of a certain race should be loyal to one another and procreate together, preserving their race and making sure the biodiversity of human kind remains. Letting a race die out due to miscegenation will be a very sad thing.

• nope! you cannot help who you are attracted to. period. it's comparable to if you asked if it makes you bad for liking the same sex. you just go with what you are attracted to. it's YOUR life you do NOT have to answer to ANYONE about the choices you make that keep you happy.

• It's only racist to me if the sole reason for your not dating them is because of their skin color. Other than that, no.

• @Charismatic110 I respectfully disagree. Racist is when you feel superior or hate on the basis of color. Choosing on the basis of finding a partner is different, and skin color is just another feature and preference. To me its no different than height, looks, body shape, etc. Men and women have what they physically desire in the opposite sex. Say for instance, I don't find redheads very attractive, that doesn't mean I hate redheads. Just means I'm not interested in them that way. And no it's not true, I'm just using it as an example.

• @Northeast106 in this case, I will agree to disagree.

• I agree with you Northeast106 100%

• im not either! its not racist, date who you want.

• Its not racist, and its actually quite common for many young black women. I personally blame the media. You believe a lot of stereotypes that have been created to make black men look bad, likewise many black men have self hate and see themselve as well as thugs or loser or lazy, pretty much all the negativity. And many black men don't want to deal with black women because we're to "dramatic" among other things. If you truly have an attraction to other races rather than your own fine, but if you're turned off because of hearsay rather than actual experience with real black men, and not random broken brainwashed brothers then that's the problem right there. Many black people are brainwashed just like other races into thinking we are no good, thus branching out to other races and creating less and less black children.

But whatever makes you happy and comfortable in the end is all that matters I guess. Also I have a black boyfriend and I am black and I adore him. Best man ever in my opinion :-)

• I don't know. It sounds weird to me. I mean there are million Black guys through out the world and it just doesn't make sense when you said you don't find ALL of them attractive.

• I dont know. Maybe. But you should be open, there are great people in every race.

• No it's your preference your only just closing yourself off from other options but at the same time you shouldn't force yourself into liking guys if your not attracted to them. I mean you'll be friend a black guy right? If that's the case then your not racist

• It's not racist at all , it's just a type of preference that people aren't familiar with or they're just racially ignorant. I'm in the same position, not attracted to black guys and I'm black myself. I was looked at and told by others that I was racist and asked why I don't like black guys etc. Then as time went on I realized that those people who thought that were the ones with the problem. Hope this was helpful.

• No but i bet u will post a question here saying white guys are racist for rejecting you over a hybrid

• Racist? No.
    Self-hate? Yes.

• No, I honestly feel the same way. I think it has to do with the types of people you've grown up with. I live in the suburbs and am sourounded by Causian guys (which is fine by me) but I think that if I was to grow up in the city where the majority is African American I might be attracted to black guys more.

• I don't think it's racist. People have different preferences. I have friends, who are white but don't date white guys. That doesn't make you racist.. it's just who you are attracted to.

• I don't think so. You don't feel attracted to them, nobody can tell you who you should date or whatever. That doesn't make you racist or anything.

• Does it even really matter?

• nope... just means your have a type and the type is not the same race as you... thats fine

• No, it's preference.

• no it's not racist u should date who ever u want

• No it's a preference thing and who you date is your choice anyway.

• No. I'm white and I married a black guy because white men were so not my type.

• Not your type physically?

• Just not my type. Physically and personality wise. I will leave it at that.

• No, it's simply your preference.

• I only like white guys. That's all I've ever liked. But every now and then I get a taste for dark chocolate.

• Girl, most black guys don't date black girls, especially dark skinned girls. You decide if it's racist or not