Should I break up with him or am I overreacting?

My boyfriend has been disrespectful in the past. He has called me a dumb a** wice, got mad and said that he doesn't love me, texted his ex in front of me after an argument, and has inadvertently called me a c***. He has also inadvertently told me that I needed to lose weight by telling me that I needed to get my stomach down. I understand that I could lose some weight I weigh 15lbs over the maximum weight for my height but today reached a whole different level. I started my diet today and ate a salad but an hour later I was hungry and wanted to eat again. He kept telling me to not eat again but afterwards he was like "fine go ahead and eat and be fat forever". This comment really hurt me because even though I'm not that much overweight I have always been self conscious about my weight and can date all the way back to the first time someone made a comment about my weight in the second grade. Should I break up with him over this or am I over reacting?

Most Helpful Girl

• Verbal abuse this might lead to an abusive relationship. My advice for you is to break up with him and no you're NOT overreacting. He doesn't know how to love someone, a person who loves you would never do what he's doing to you. He isn't stable. It's probably hard you to leave him since I assume you love him despite this? Try to look at the facts instead, do you want to be with someone who constantly puts you down? Don't you want to find someone who thinks you're beautiful as you are? You would be happier without him. You're the only person who has the power to leave but I really hope you do realise how bad he treats you.

What Guys Said 1

• Yes, please do. He sounds like an asshole, and abuse, be it verbal or physical, is completely NOT OK. Get out of there as soon as you can.

Too many times have I read here girls with stories of someone they knew or them self with an abusive boyfriend and it just sickens me that men can ever be OK with treating women like that. I definitely wouldn't want to hear something like that from you.

What Girls Said 2

• Break up with him.

• Yes, he is clearly not in love with you or your appearance. he is rude and does not care.