Girls, Why do I feel threatened or hurt at the thought of a girl I like having sex with someone else?

Is it because I'm jealous, why can't I be comfortable with that? I feel so threatened and my anxiety goes off at the thought of it so I just numb my mind or self-deprecate. Is there a way to get over it?

3

Most Helpful Girl

• I have the exact same problem. It REALLY bothers me to think my boyfriend had sex with another woman. I do have low self esteem, but I think it mostly stems from the fact that I hate the idea of my boyfriend being so intimate with someone else.

• It gives me comfort to know that girls feel this way but when the person you like act like it's nothing and it almost makes me feel inadequate and possessive and i don't act those emotions out. I'm normally very good- like I said I'm self-deprecating so I blam myself all the time- but it feels like everybody else is a step ahead. I guess to help you feel better I can advise you that he chose you at the end of the day and you at least have that. The girl I'm in love with treats me like game.

• "treats me like a game" That is a major issue! Honestly, she is not the one for you if she treats you like that. I know it's hard when you're in love with the person, but you deserve better and you can certainly find someone who won't treat you like that!

What Girls Said 2

• Because you care about her. Maybe if you meet someone else yourself it will pass.

• What if I can't stop thinking about her. I find it difficult to meet new women but, she really is unique. I'm not convinced that somebody I really like can be replaced like a battery.

• It'll take time. I've been in that situation before, I know it's hard and it really sucks. Everything yiu see or do makes you think of them. But time will help. It'll make it easier. Even if you try seeing someone else, just to occupy your mind. Go on a few first dates, see that there's lots out there. If things are meant to be, they will be.

• I actually get aroused by the thought of my husband sleeping with other women. As long as the ring stays on his finger.