Guys does size matter?

Ook see I'm not to skinny and I'm not to big I'm in the middle but there is one problem guys are way to picky ok I do have a boyfriend but I don't know if he feels sorry for me or just like me? Now a lot of guys are picky about weight and size but some aren't,so what is the majority? Say yes and some say no now what is your idea?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well f*** them, if they can't accept you for who you are and take you as you are then they aren't for you. That is insensitive, you sound like a sensitive person and if you get with someone who is not you will just get hurt. Have confidence in knowing you are good. But if you want to improve your health there is nothing wrong with that either. I go to the gym and stay away from fast food and lost a lot of weight and I feel better about my self now. But you shouldnt worry too much about what other people think, if they ain't you lover then it don't matter right?

• Well thanks for having faith in me well I try to lose weight but I can't its to hard my friends never see me eat now. they think I am going anorexic but I'm not its to hard for me to do that I need my food but I lost weight by just eating once a day and it works

• But its not normal, it might be normal for you. Like depression is normal for people but they need help too.

• I hate to admit it I hate eating I just can't stand it

What Guys Said 7

• I think if your boyfriend felt sorry for you then he wouldn't of dated you, but would of tried to be your really good friend. But he is dating you - he chooses to be by your side, as you do with him = your attracted to each other. So don't let the negatives of society get you down. It he felt sorry, it would of been a different story.

Now here's the other thing: with models, that's more media based, not that guys are too picky. Guys don't have complete control over what. /who is to be presented as Model material. And Tyra Banks hosts Americas Next Top Model. So that's a girl saying who is and isn't skinny/ pretty enough, and not a guy. Which, if I had control over the show, I would put in all types/sizes/ethnicities of models to see if the stereotype was true. Now I also don't know the basics of the show, but I know that's not just guys being picky. It's a society's problem with competition.

But now here's the other thing. There are a lot of guys who are cocky/more confident than others and they talk about "Oh look at her, she has blah, blah, blah, going for her. " And it's because these "cocky guys" are in competition with what their girlfriend looks like, and not what's inside. Or else they wouldn't go for the next tempting thing that comes around. It's the difference between self discipline/values and knowing what you want, and being in competition with society. But the problem is that these guys talk about it, and it the more modest guy was to say "Na, the skinny girl isn't for me because of reasons x,y, and z. " Well then he would probably get made fun of by his peers (I've seen it happen). Then it affects the more modest guy from voicing his opinion in the situation, and you don't hear about the awesome qualities he found in the girl that was for him. You just hear about the cocky guy giving in to the competition of society. And it spreads because it is deemed "cool" And it always isn't.

Here's an example that's a little different:

In the movie "Harold and Kumar go to white castle" - they are watching tv and Harold puts on the movie "Sixteen candles" and Kumar says: "What the Hell is this? "

"Harold replies: "It's a classic. (and he is interrupted by Kumar)"

Kumar says something to make fun of Harold, I don't remember what he says, but because Harold liked a more emotional kind of movie(which is the social norm for guys) he was made fun of.

Now change the scenario, and what's going to happen to Harold, the more modest guy? And Harold just became quiet about the reasons he liked the movie "Sixteen Candles. "

So to say for guys in general - does size matter? Well not to every guy, or in different ways to different guys. Not all guys are skinny themselves, either.

But to the media and society - does size matter? Well, that's proven through competition.

• Wow! Just recently, I posted a question,"Attraction! Superficial? ". Most guys and girls said that personality and confidence is what attracts, guys and girls to the opposite sex. Now, all agreed that there needs to be an initial physical attraction. I do agree with that, but in your case, you have already gone past that phase. If he is your boyfriend, he should see you for what you are. Now, the question to you is,"Do you feel sorry for your boyfriend or do you truly feel sorry for yourself and you're insecure because of your weight? " I've been with girls from of all sizes. I'm not bragging, I'm just trying to prove my point. All of the girls, no matter size or age, had a great confidence about them when we met. Some of those girls lost self confidence in themselves and at the same time became needy for attention and became dependent on me to make them feel good about themselves. This is the worst thing that can happen. I already have a stressful time at work and to have to go home and deal with a needy woman is the last thing I need. I like to go home and cuddle and have a nice talk, be romantic, etc. Etc. Rather than having to be taking care of the way someone feels all the time. Any way, don't second guess yourself. He's with you for some reason and you have gone past the first stage of attraction. Take care of your appearance though. Everyone likes to show off their love! So, if you feel like you need to improve your image, just do it.

To answer your questions:

Guys your age and in their early 20's prefer the cover model looking babes. I know I did when I was your age.

As you get older, compatibility becomes more important. You can be the hottest chic in town and so self centered that you won't carry on a long term relationship. So, now I give all girls the same opportunity because their personality and confidence is important to me. No arrogance though! With time comes experience, and girls as well as guys start looking for more than the bed time buddy.

• To me yes. As long as a girl is average the middle of the road weight wise and lower she's ok. She can be skinny, but we aren't talking skin and bones, no skeletons YUK! Also the same goes for the other end of the spectrum, no big big girls. Either extreme for me is a no go. Although there are guys out there that like either extreme more than others, so depends on the guy I'd say, I know some guys I've been friends with like big big women, and don't care for average skinny women, but personally me myself I want a average weight girl, right in the middle not to skinny, not too fat. :).

AlPiNe~

• it's 1 of those "whatever floats your boat" type answers. a lot of men do very well care what u look like, but some can't or don't think they'll get any better so they settle.

or for bigger girls, if they are good looking but overweight, sum will still date u thinking they can get u to go on a diet and get that hot girl to come out when u lose the weight.........if u show no interest in losing weight or putting up an effort, bye bye on to the next............

• Yea I agree but I have tried and it is hard to loose weight guys have it easy girls don't. So I think guys are way to picky my boyfriend said that he does not care what I look like he loves me for me but I don't know if I can believe it

• Believe what he says, what does the body have to matter as long as she is pretty. I'm not getting that, you guys to ashamed to be with bigger women.

• I like girls who have some meat on there bones. Not to big but thick. But as far as the female is concerned. It shouldn't matter what she looks like and what guys think. You need to be happy with your self.

• To most guys weight does matter but to some guys weight does not matter to them.

• I don't think size matters. I believe that true love is what you see on the inside :D

it really depends on the guys. But yea. And you even get the guys who like the um. Larger people and those who care. And have to get the most prettiest gal. And those who just don't care. ><

• See I don't mind the ones who don't care because then I know I ma being loved a lot but I hate the guys who go for those skinny guys because it really ticks me off because the bigger one are better then the skinny girls ( no offense to the skinny one )

• Yea buh hay wah can you do that's the way it is... just try and not let it get 2 ya ... =)

like cmon I go out sometimes wif sleep hair lols and half a shirt on and a skirt even sometimes (jks) nah I just dun care sumtimes wah I look like ... and peopls stare at me coz I look funny hehe buh meh ... I dun care :P

yea....

• Well I care on what I wear but you can't find anything no more

What Girls Said 2

• If you're not disgustingly thin and you're not fat, you don't have anything to worry about. Be more confident. I don't think many guys would date a girl because he felt sorry for her. He's with you for a reason!

• I guess but a lot of guys are picky about girls weight right

• I used to be a size 22, but I decided to change that because I was sick of being fat so I started working out more and eating less. I eat once a day too most of the time. Sometimes I'll eat twice, but I stopped eating 3 times a day. It's pretty easy for me to eat once a day really. At the moment, I am now a size 16. With some more work, I'll make it to my goal of being a size 10. Wish me luck. :P

• Good luck! You can do it shino-08! Although they say its better for you to eat 5-6 small meals a day but as long as your loosing; whatever works! =)

• Its all about self-confidence. If you are self-conscious about your body and appearance, you tend to look uncomfortable. The more comfortable you are in your own skin. The more other people will be. You will find yourself getting a lot more attention (trust me)