Is online dating based on looks?

You can't really tell much else about someone except for how they look. Is o line dating not a good way to meet someone based on personality. How can you tell if you'd like someone. There are so many profiles won't girls just go for the better looking guy? Or vise versa

Most Helpful Guy

• I've never used dating websites but I figure that it is probably based on looks first and personality second.

I don't really date via online dating websites, it just seems to staged to me I guess, I prefer things to happen by chance, luck or pure, coincidence. Like if I meet a girl on the street and we get to talking and hit it off, I'll ask her out and date her, if I meet someone on here by coincidence it would be the same thing, same thing on a plane or at the gym etc, just by pure chance, with dating websites it's like everyone is just sitting there waiting... for you lol.

And I am not really comfortable with that lol, it doesn't matter to me where I meet people though, whether it be online in a forum or a website like this, on the street, at my place business or even at the park. Just as so long as it's by chance or luck etc it just seems more real to me like that I guess.

You shouldn't bother with dating websites, meet people out in the world, first hand, face to face experience is always the best, meeting people by chance is the second best way, regardless of whether they are online or in person.

After all you meet the best people when you aren't looking for them, the harder you look for something or someone the harder he or it is to find.

What Girls Said 4

• It's solely based on looks.
    People usually click on those they find attractive.
    you're in a sea with millions of fish..
    Do you think people are going to go for the fish that doesn't look appetizing , or will they go for the fish that looks delicious , beautiful , and filling?
    Chances are people will pass right by the fish that looks unappetizing because there are so much visually better ones to choose from.

I'm sorry that a fantastic personality isn't the first thing people see.

Looks is what draws people in.
    A great personality is what keeps them.

Very few people look past someones looks.

• Appearance is what gets you into the door. It is what helps you get noticed. Your personality and the way you present yourself is what helps you stay in the room.

I have seen plenty of good looking guys on the internet, but if their personalities are fucking shit... Adios to them.

• how are you still awake? I just woke up and I still see you on-line :)

• So did my friend, but only 1 of them messaged back saying "Sorry, not interested". That is why it's better to meet people in person via going to the Gym or other means. I meet about 5-6 people, mostly girls, almost every week and since I'm very friendly, often times we talked naturally and even hanged out couple of times.

• @Rloco at the gym I meant.

• Honestly kinda, people want to know more about you if they think your cute or your profile is interesting and you have the same interests.

• Yes because you don't know much about them and look is the only thing that you can judge.

What Guys Said 9

• I honestly feel the higher income guys can win over the women with online dating. I tend to notice that the girls I would viewing were very interested in occupation and that they were not looking for anything "serious."

I honestly feel like I dated more on there before I started going to the gym and such. But at the same time I remember a girl telling me that online she felt as if all the guys were going to the gym which makes me think she was only clicking on the "hot guys" and such.

But when I see the famous "laundry lists" at the bottom of the girls profiles they are almost always income related. It was about the house, the college degree, etc.

On top that that, I actually have a brother who doesn't go to the gym like I do, but he does make more money than I do even though I work two jobs. He found a girlfriend significantly fast while I eventually just gave up on using them since I didn't feel like settling for a fat girl. I'd get to my dates and she'd be heavier than what I saw in the photos.

• Any dating initially starts with looks. If your not attracted to the person a relationship is never going to work out, no matter how nice the person is. Real life or online, it is the same.
    I only use online for dating. I work from home. I have no other way to meet women. I hate bars and nobody goes to a bar to meet someone they want to date. I am not going to just walk up to someone at random on the street. So online is the only way available. it has worked out pretty well. I know a number of people, including my sister, that met their husband/wife online.

• its like 95% based on looks. my statistic is pulled out of my ass but I can assure you its close to accurate lol.

• Yeah it is basically.. If you're already good looking, but simply lack the confident, then you won't have any problem in those on-line dating site. However if you're somewhat less attracted, the chances of them searching your or talking to you, is somewhat less likely. I have a friend that tried match, but because he's not very good looking, (his words not mine) the girls just basically, just ignore or skip him. He messaged saying Hi!, Hello to about 25-30 girls and one of those girl replied saying "Sorry I'm not interested".

• I meant that only one girl replied out of his 25-30 messages and it's not even a good reply that he got...

• I get the same thing no one responds

• If you're not the best looking person then stray away from online dating. Better you meet people in person and let your personality and charm shine through so hormones and all that can do its job

• For guys?-Based on the amount of money you jot down in your profile that you make on a yearly basis. The higher the yearly income the more fishes that will swim to you.

• No. Actually your appearance is the weakest thing in your online profile.

• http://youtu.be/bJclKs3jl24
    Well with tinder yes!

• Ofcourse, it is... A guy on here did a exeriment with dating sites, and found that if he put a picture of some model he got more responses from women

• "A guy on here" had no control group. That's not an experiment because it's not traceable. Real studies have found that RichardTX is actually correct: The more appealing you appear fiscally and socially the better your odds. Being a hot model actually won't net you as much as being successful.