Why did he not mention he has a girlfriend?

I've liked this guy at work. i finally talked to him the other day but he never mentioned he had a gf even though he could have with the topics we discussed. we also exchanged numbers and i acted sort of interested; asking what he was up to on the weekend. since then, he's walked by me less often and hasn't texted me. i then heard from a co worker he thinks i'm attractive but has a gf. why wouldn't he have mentioned that? he said stuff like "i have no problem approaching girls now" which made me think he was single

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that it is obvious that he likes you. Out of respect to his relationship he may be distancing himself from you as to not start anything and complicate his current situation.

People find other people attractive all the time, it is hard not to interact with attractive people in the workplace especially if you have chemistry. I don't think that he is particularly a "scumbag" as some may think but more so just scared you would dismiss him immediately if he had mentioned his girlfriend.

Keep it friendly with him, not that you would but don't cross any boundaries and who knows maybe somewhere down the line he will be single after all.

What Guys Said 4

• maybe because he thinks that u might find repellent the fact that he has a gf?

• I'm wondering more about context but I'll never get it.

• To gets u hook up and string you along...

• Maybe he thinks that mentioning he has a gf will put you off him.

What Girls Said 2

• maybe because he didn't think it was important to say it because he is a payer o because he likes you even more than his gf and he wants to know until which point you will go.

• Uh... he gave you his number while he had a girlfriend? And he's telling people he finds you attractive? Sounds like a scumbag. Pisses me off when people aren't loyal.

• those bros ain't loyal

• Seriously. Why even bother having a girlfriend if you know your actions are gonna hurt her later? 😒