Interracial couple problems help?

Hello! so I'm in a interracial relationship I'm Black African my boyfriend is South-American he is very fair skinned with light grey eyes (just mentioning it since you find indigenous South-Americans that are darker. Anyway so I live in a but of a racist town where you will hardly ever see interracial couples or even people of different races being best friends because most people are stuck in their ways. I one asked my boyfriend why he never holds my hand and he said he never liked doing that even with his previous relationships. However I feel that it's a lie because as soon as we get into the car he kisses me and when he is driving he always puts his hand on mine or so. In the cinema he holds my hand. But in public never. Here we have a white people's club and a coloured people's club we always go to the coloured people's club because nobody looks at interracial couples funny. The white club people will stare off your from another country even if your white skinned. In the club he had no problem showing that I'm his. I don't know what to do about this. He is not from here so I understand that he is uncomfortable, but it has been 6 months already that we are together. And he is not comfortable to show affection in public where there are white people around. Should I mention to him that I know that's the reason why he doesn't hold my hand in public? I never nag him to him hold my hand.

Most Helpful Guy

• It is not just you, it is a lot of guys of many different races that do not show any public displays. If he is Latin, you have the machismo to think of more than anything. You worry too much and think too much.

There sounds like an issue with your town, there are other cities where people don't care. Small town thinking does lead to breeding to make stupid seem normal the thinking process of many small towns runs in an ignorant loop.

What Guys Said 2

• You girls are so full of drama and make a big deal out of nothing. If it means that much to you then mention it, if not, then don't

• It might not have anything to do with you being an interracial couple. Some guys just don't like public displays of affection. Where do you live? It's sad to hear that even today there are still places where racism is that widespread

What Girls Said 4

• I'm just still trying to figure out who on Earth still says "coloured people"?
    The 1950s are long gone.
    That is the word people used when they wanted to sound less racist and conform to society's changes.

Maybe your man isn't the type to show public affection.
    Some people are like that.
    Your "bit of a racist town" might have nothing to do with it.

• fuck what other people think. if you two love each other don't be afraid to show it ! :)

• Who cares what other people think? If y'all are in then that's all that matters.

• It's one thing to not like showing affection in public and being shy to do it. It's another if you're ashamed of your partner of a different race. If I felt like the situation is the latter I would leave him.