Ladies, how would you treat a man in a relationship, knowing that he grew up without a mother?

I ask because I'm a young 18 year old guy who's mother committed suicide after she gave birth to me. All my life, I just never had a mother figure and as much I hate to admit it, I feel kinda emotionally hurt because I sometimes feel like I'm unwanted by women. :(

Also, my father wasn't really much of a father to mean. He'll occasionally stop by to provide a fewimportant things for me but me and him never had connection.

I apologize for not "manning up" or being "weak" about it but I just had a really tough life and grew up with confidence issues.

14

Most Helpful Girl

• when you find someone who loves you for who you are and accepts you with all you have or don't it wouldn't matter. Sorry to hear about your circumstances though. My both parents are still around and they were together when I was born, but for some reason which I am still not aware of I was given away to my grandparents. The grands were the best and very decent people, I saw my parents twice a month or so up until I turned 7 then I was given back to my parents and I also had a younger sibling - we fought a lot out of my 34 yo I spent all up 7 years living at my parents house - it was not fun for me as I was a stranger in their world I used to run away a lot and shortly ended up in a boarding school - back to seeing them on a regular basis and then I went overseas to leave for good - without any regrets of not seeing them often. I keep in touch with my family on same regular basis - few times a week... it does leave scars and make you wonder for very long time... but eventually things fall into place for you... If there are anyone who you truly respect and look up to - stick around whether a male or female, you can learn from them, but also be mindful of your own values. It is very hard to be on your own and to deal with life without any guidance. All you can do is to be the best you can and try to not hurt anyone. Wishing you all the best

• Thank you for mho

What Girls Said 13

• 1. It's not weak to be sad about your past. Being sad isn't weakness and being a man doesn't mean getting rid of your emotions and not letting anything hurt you. You have valid reasons to be upset, and it has nothing to do with how strong you are or how masculine you are.

Anyway, to answer the question, I really don't think I'd treat him any differently. I'd still love him just as much as I'd love him if he had grown up with a mother. If I did anything differently, I think it would be to involve him more with my family. If he grew up without one, it might be good to bring him into one and show him that people care for him and will be there for him, and give him what he may have missed out on whilst he was growing up.

• Wouldn't treat him any differently. I cannot adjust my needs in a relationship to cater to teaching him how women are or provide him with a motherly figure.

I'm probably not the one to date someone in your position.

• Ladies, how would you treat a man in a relationship, knowing that he grew up without a mother?
    I'd dump him as I find guys who grew up without a mother tend to have (severe) emotional issues and want their partner to be even more of a mommy and coddle them than it seems guys generally do.

• I wouldn't treat him in any weird way, I'd just treat him like a normal person. I've never had a father figure so I can kinda sorta relate.

• I probably wouldn't treat such a man any differently, unless he treated me poorly. In which case, I'd exit stage left.

Have you ever considered therapy? To work on your abandonment issues and poor upbringing?

• Well honestly, it all depends on the type of woman you attract. Some may embrace that and show you the way to treat a woman and what a woman desires thats if she is willing to do so. but there are woman who have no patience for that or no sympathy. I honestly say it would be a interesting adventure if i met such person as you but you should find your inner confidence in yourself first and grieve if need be, and assure yourself that your a good man and you are willing to learn the needs a woman desires and wants. Any man can make a woman happy and vice versa, but its the one who stays around through the pain and hurt of lifes struggle that are the best.

• I would show him what love is... That all I can do

• I'm sorry. If I found out a guy had no mother and or father, I would still love him if we were in a relationship. I would treat him like any other guy, he's still a human being regardless.

• Nothing but i'd be weary about him being on pills and having emotional issues.

• I wouldn't treat him any differently to any other guy. This coming from a girl who didn't have a father figure in her life.

• I would be caring but not try to be his mother unless I wanted to adopt him. Sorry about loosing your mother at a young age, but from your description you sound like a nice young man, so I'm sure you'll be fine in life.

• I wouldn't treat him differently than I'd treat any other guy I'm in a relationship with.

• You would have my undivided attention and care 24/7