Guys, why do you think he does this? I don't understand?

I met a guy and we immediately hit it off. He kissed me, he cuddled with me, told me he liked me and that I was pretty and fun etc etc. I was a bit hesitant just because I know that sometimes guys aren't sincere about all that.

But he kept in contact with me for the next several days, texted me every morning and we saw each other everyday. His texts were sweet, but not in a cliché, obvious bullshit type way. And he never tried to have sex with me. He brought up sex and said that if he really likes a girl he likes to wait, and said he'd wait as long as I want if we got together for real. But I could tell he really wanted to be sexual with me, he just never actually tried. He did ask me once if I'd ever give him head and I said one day in the distant future and he just laughed and said good.

Anyway, we talked and hung out everyday for a week, he acted like we were already together. I actually thought he may like me more than I liked him because he acted like he really liked me.

Well a few days ago we were together one night and it was boring, we didn't have anything to do and he kept falling asleep. We bickered a little but made up and everything seemed fine. Had plans for the next day, he never texted me that day so I texted him. No reply. Waited til the next day. No reply still. Texted him and told him to be straight up with me and tell me if he didn't actually want to be with me instead of ignoring me. He didn't answer. I'm friends with one of his friends and we talked about the situation and this friend told me he has done this to another girl before, he acts like he likes them and then he disappears. I want to understand why, but I know he'll never tell me.

I'm just trying to make sense of this, I was mad at first but now I'm sad

6

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe he is afraid of commitment. He might like to be with you, the problem seems to be that he don´t see his self in a long term relationship do to his insecurities.

• Maybe.
      Both his parents abandoned him. Maybe that's part of it

• It could be. He should seek for professional help.

• I agree

What Guys Said 5

• Yeah, I think it all came down to him having a fear of commitment and not feeling comfortable enough with getting into a relationship.

• Do your evaluation to him from: what you see - what he likes about you (physical, metal ,, etc) = what are his future views - what are his friends - what "REALLY" good argument he have presented if he ever were to show up again.
    And make your judgment so in the end you won't be mad nor sad.

• That's just wrong to lead someone on and pull a disappearing act.

• If he's gonna be a little bitch about your possible relationship, then he's probably not gonna be a good partner. Someone that wishy-washy isn't a person you can have an invested relationship with. I'd say if he's gonna forget about you, then forget about him.

• I have no idea, but it sounds to me that he's scared of having a serious relationship for some reason. I'd let it be. I don't think you'd want someone who handles themselves this poorly no matter the reason.

• I agree with you, maybe he's traumatized with past experiences and maybe just doesn't want the girl to suffer because of him...