Girls, what do you think of a 25 year old male who has never had a girlfriend or sex?

I am 25 years old and I have never had a girlfriend. Not only that I have never dated nor have I ever been intimate with a woman in any way, shape or form. No sex, No kiss, not even so much as a peck on the cheek. A friendly hug is the most I have ever got from a woman and they are few and far between. It's a bit sad really, I mean 99% of guys my age have at least had a kiss. I haven't even come close to having that.

It's not through lack of trying, I am shy and reserved around women I like but I have had lots of crushes and have tried to ask girls out in the past but they either rejected me or the relationships just never went beyond friendship. The rejection has gotten that bad that I just decided to give up. That may sound rather defeatist and negative but it's hard to stay positive when nothing positive has ever happened romantically for me.

I'd like to know, what are your honest thoughts on me and guys like me? Do you see us as defective? Weird? Losers? Would you ever want to date/be involved with a relationship with a guy like me?

12

Most Helpful Girl

• I actually find this hard to believe. It's rare, no doubt in our generation, but I don't see it as anything bad in any way. I'd feel lucky to be a guys first anything especially if I had strong feelings towards him.

Don't beat yourself up over this! You just haven't found the right one. The way I see things is whatever doesn't happen the way you want it to means it was never meant for you to begin with. Honestly, everything happens for a reason. Expand your options and try being more social in new environments where you can meet new people or meet through mutual friends.
    Hopefully I've given you a positive insight on the way to look at things. Good luck (:

• Can I ask, why do you find it hard to believe?

• Because majority of men I associate with or have dated have a great number of conquers. Some don't even know how many they've been with. It's a good quality though, believe me! I wouldn't think anything less of a guy I already liked if he told me he was a virgin.
      I don't understand why you're so self-cautious about this though (: you shouldn't be!
      Maybe your barrier is your shyness. You've possibly missed out on a relationship/hookup opportunities because of your hesitation. Try working on your confidence.
      It does suck that woman this day and age don't pursue men first though. You never know, maybe a woman that wanted to be pursued by you was hoping you'd go up to her or something.

What Girls Said 11

• I honestly don't care much about any of those things. It's about who you are as a person. I think it's sweet and kinda cute that you are selective and not just out there being a jerk and banging whoever whenever. We need more gentlemen out there. The right girl will come along and it will make all the waiting worth while
    And hey those dugger kids don't even hold hands or kiss or anything till marriage due to religious reasons...
    So you're not weird. And we don't find you to be. It will happen :)

• I actually think it's pretty cute! Try to build some self confidence and maybe get out of your shell a bit but dont change the way you are! And if I were one of the girls you asked out and would later be told that I was your first kiss I'd be completely honoured

• I hope so. I thought most girls would find it a turn off or strange, particularly at my age.

• honestly i wouldn't care much if his personality, the way he treats people, and his looks were good. that rarely happens in inexperienced men. if the guy is just plain lazy, rude, and horrible then i see why he's been single forever.

• I honestly dont think thats badas long as your nice sweet and things like that many girls are shy to amd mabey there's a girl out there that she likes you and shy also. Im possitive that some day you will find someone so dont give up and keep looking :)

• If apart from your love life, you've got good friends, a good career or starting a good career, hobbies etc that make you interesting and not completely antisocial, it wouldn't bother me.

• Wow. Well, it is a rare scenario. I mean, I guess, it is a matter of timing. Are you established in your career?

• Well I do have a good job. I'm relatively stable I suppose.

• Well you are just as much as a man compared to everyone else. I mean, you have a good career which is positive. I think you need to work on yourself before you make a move again. Gain back what self esteem you once had and hopefully it will all fall into place.

• Sometimes I don't feel like that. I just don't have the experiences of my peers and I feel as if I've been left behind, even guys who are ugly and don't have much going for them can seem to get girls all over them, whilst I've never gotten even a look from a woman. I've never really had good self-confidence or self-esteem, it's something that had plagued me my whole life. I have no idea on how to get it. Even though I am shy when it comes to girls, sometimes I do my best to try and "fake it".

• No way, I have lots of friends like that, and they are wonderful people. Maybe your just looking for the wrong ladies? I personally like awkward/shy/nerdy guys, but that's just me haha

• I'm quite selective about the girls I do ask out. I'm not super picky but I do have standards and I don't feel any of the girls I asked out were "out of my league".

• Girls are indeed extremely selective. I don't know why it hasn't happened for me, I just know it hasn't and I'm disillusioned.

• Well patience is key, because you never know when the perfect girl will pop up. And just be yourself, because even if you are interested in them, if they don't love you for you, then its not worth it. Plus saving yourself for "the one" is much more romantic haha just keep your chin up and your confidence high and it will happen.

• Well i think u have no self confidence. Try to build it

• I do agree my confidence probably isn't the greatest. But improving it is easier said than done unfortunately.

• Interesting. Im sure u will find true person one day, no worries

• Thank you. I hope so too.

• all girls are whore

• Maybe you could find another virgin. That way, all the extra stuff wouldn't matter. There are still some out there. I'm 21, and I am a virgin.

• damn thats exiting ill help you where you live?