Girls, would it be too forward if a guy asked you to lunch but he was going to cook for you at his place?

Let's say you haven't been on a date before. I can see how it could be taken as too forward but I'm kind of strapped for cash right now and I don't want to wait until I get money again to ask her out.

I like the picnic idea but I don't live in a city where that would be that great.

10

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally I wouldn't do that. This has actually happened to me before. A guy I've known for a while has asked me to have dinner with him at his place. I backed out because it was too overwhelming of a first date for me. If you're low on money you could maybe take her out for coffee, which is not quite as expensive.

What Girls Said 9

• I'll be like: hey bitch make me a sandwich.

• Depends if we just met that be to much for me. Make me uncomfortable but if we been talking and know each other sorta then that is fine.

• I wouldn't risk it. I don't even know him yet and I DEF don't trust him to not to kill me via food allergies. We won't even get into whether he would chop me up into little pieces FOR lunch. Waaaaay too many things could go wrong.

• How about plan a picnic. Make the food and take a quilt to the park. Then you don't have to take her out to eat but its less intimidating for her then going to your house.

• If you know her well I think its fine, but if you just met no way. Make some food and have a picnic, if its not too cold outside.

• Yea if it's a straight up stranger than I would decline because first off I never go to any guys house that I don't know and If he tried anything I would slap him

• Yes. Too forward. At that stage, I don't know if you're a serial killer yet.

• Id rather be out in public tbh especially if it's a first date. Second date is more like come to my house sorta thing. But I agree with the other girl do a picnic (:

• Kinda. I wouldn't really go to someone's house I hardly know.

• Yeah, I agree. I just think it would be better because we're both into music so I could play stuff and I think I could cook better than a lot of restaurants..

• Ok. Thanks for the tip.

• You're welcomw :-)