Why are girls often attracted to older guys?

The question actually says it all.

I'm referring to age groups 16 to 30.

Maybe you can tell me something about your experiences.

The age difference I'm talking about is 2-4 years
Some more opinions please?

Most Helpful Guy

• 2-4 years is not much and actually a female will still be as mature or more mature than a guy. Females like experience, they like wisdom and they like a man who knows what he wants and how to get it.

• But when we're looking at 16 - 20 , even 2 or 3 years already mean a lot in this age group !

• Yes you should! Peace brother.

• Thank you QA and love to all.

What Girls Said 19

• 2-4 years I don't consider older or out of my age range.

This is coming from a woman who dates 8-30 years older.

Ever since I turned 16 that seems to be all I've been able to attract.

Yes I attract guys my age or younger , but 90 percent of the time it's guys in their late 30s-70s.

• This happens a lot at my school. You see freshman dating seniors. It's because girls want to go out with guys that can drive and has a car. And the guys. Well they just want to date younger girls. I Have No Idea why. I think it's stupid you don't date older guys just because they have a car.

• A car stands for some independence and maturity

• Yeah. I seen this a lot. I can't understand why go out with a guy 4 years older than you when you can date guys your own age or 2 years older than you.

• I'm 23 and my boyfriend is 44. Now he is totally out of my age range and not mature what so ever in many ways but we connect really well, never a a dull moment and I find him sexy. Typically I would turn him down but decides to give it a chance. Glad I did

• If the guys their age are still acting like children then they probably want someone who will be more mature but the large age difference could cause problems down the line.

• Well to start with my husband is almost three years old than me.. And I certainly didn't marry him just because he was older than me.. I did because I love him.. Oh and I would have still married him, even if he had been three years younger than me.

• girls are attracted by maturity

• I'm disabled so I tend to find older guys are more understanding about my disability than guys in my age group

• I think girls go for the older guys because guys mature slower and maturity is seen as attractive so they naturally gravitate towards older men.

• Their jaws are more chiselled usually lol
    And they have a sexy confidence about them

• It's their level of maturity.

• Yes, girls often hit puberty earlier and are often done earlier as well and are not only physically more advanced in their development but also mentally !

• Maturity is sexy ;)

• They are more mature.

• I just like the guy to be older then me.

• I'll say that it's because they have more experience in life and they're more mature.

• Matureness understanding strong bond sexual strength

• Because they tend o be manlier and also more mature. Since girls mature faster than guys, its always better to go for an older guy in order to meet the same maturity level

• Okay Im gonna post as anon because I did something 2 years ago which isn't really legal. So when I was 15 I met this guy named Shayne that was 21 at some party, where he was insulting this perve that was hitting on his sister at first i didn't know what it was about because he kept swearing and stuff, so i was like "Why are u being so rude to this guy" and he told me the story and then we just sat and started to talk. We were friends at first, i just liked the way he talked and stuff, it wasn't even a crush. He was pretty hot, he had abs, green eyes, and this really nice accent it was probably 1/4 British but mostly American. So later on he asked for my # and i was like okay here it is. And then after that we kept texting , and then one day we went to McDonald's and he told me that he liked me and hoped if we could continue, so i said "Omg really? i like u so much too, and he was like I don't know about other teen girls they seem really stupid, but there's something about u that i really like, and ur really beautiful. So we stayed together for a year and a half i wanted to marry him when i was over 18 and he did too, and yes we had sex kept it as a secret he didn't force me it just happened, but I made him leave me, i started acting so bitchy i would start arguements for no reason and accuse him of stuff he didn't do, mostly it was doubt because he had this female friend named Miley, and I thought he liked her, truth was she was a lesbian and my boyfriend was helping her with money, i found out later on. But we broke up after that, i texted to say sorry, but i really did hurt him because i said so much i shouldn't have it was my fault, he's just working with his dad now, and its been 5 months since we broke up. Im 17 now. To answer ur question, most older guys are mature, a girl likes that, sometimes it's by the way they talk. But my age limit was 7 years no more than that. But its better if u be with someone around ur age, because then u'd have more understanding.

• Just read ur update lol 2-4 years. Mine was like huge it was 7 years, i didn't even know that i liked older guys, i don't really care age is just a number. If i think i like someone then yeah i can't really change that.

• Im 23 and my SO is 31. I've just always preferred older guys, they are usually more mature...

• Cause they're experienced, mature, don't live in their mum's basement...

• Let's say they guy's just turned 19 lately out of high school and is about to get his stuff together and she's 16/17 and still in high school but already has aspirations for her life.

What about this?

• 2 years gap is your older? I was thinking of a 10-15 gap.

• This would be very extrem in my opinion, but what do you think about 3 years age difference? like I'm exactly 3 years older than her

What Guys Said 6

• Older guys have proven themselves so you don't have to guess how they will turn out.

It is a safer bet than trusting that someone will do well in life vs the perceived potential to do well.

• Do you think a 16 year old girl , who happens to have plans for her life already, would prefer a 19 year old with a promising future over another 16 year old who has said potential though?

• Yes. He will push for sex and she is young. It isn't right.

• Are you real from Djibuit? Anyway, such a relationship would be legal in Germany

• They want a man and not a boy. Simple.

• I want to be sexy -_- maybe it'll happen when I'm older? I wish

• 16-19 is not a huge age gap in the long run you're not that much older than her

• They tend to be mature the bulk of the time.

• They want w guy who is more established than her and can take of her. A guy who is a few years older has been working longer and has more money.

• daddy issues for sure!

• That would be the case if we were talking about a big age difference like 6-10 years + .