Girls, why expensive stuff, like designer handbags and jewelries, are so important to you?

When I see couples around me, expensive things are always involved. Girls always want their bf/husband buy them a Chanel or Fendi bag. Or wife want a couple K of diamond, the bigger the better. Does a relationship really need to include these trivial things? I am not some rich kid who can afford any of those, and even if I do, I think it is a waste. It just saddens me that relationship at the end is still all about money, and without buying anything expensive, no girl would take a second look at you.

Most Helpful Guy

• I want them to feel a bit appreciated and this is one of the many ways you can spoil them.

What Girls Said 16

• Girls, why expensive stuff, like designer handbags and jewelries, are so important to you?
    Likely the same reason it seems virginity or low sexual partner count is important to guys. That reason being presumed quality.

Many gals presume the expensive things are of higher quality and 'worth' more.

Does a relationship really need to include these trivial things?
    Depends on the gal and if you want to be with her. There's plenty of gals that don't want their bf to buy them expensive things perhaps try pursuing them.

• it's not that it's necessarily important to all who buy these brand names, but rather the "quality" of the things you are buying. Usually branded things are of better quality than no-brands *though not always*, but for the most part, yes.

For those who do not even look at the material and only at name brands, well they are just ignorant people, who follow what others do, so just because they see others want or have something, they decide they want and need to have this too solely for that reason, which is stupid.

And the branded stuff is so expensive for two reasons, once being they "usually" are made with top quality material which will be durable for a longer period of time, AND for the popular name. However, sometimes the material sucks! and you are still paying a high price, so one must be smart and take better notice in what one is buying...

As for your saying about girls want guys to buy them only branded stuff, that's ridiculous! (from my point of view)
    Most people prefer to be given something of good durable quality, I would assume, and on a more personal note, I wouldn't want my bf to buy me something just because "I" want it... but rather more because he felt the need to do it out of his own will. That's the sweet part! Even if it was not a branded item.

• Lol that stuff isn't. I have expensive tastes, but not in the way you're thinking. I'd happily drop $400 on a saddle or $140 on a new pair of cowboy boots. And it's all I can do to not spend $1800 on a colt. I'd be over the moon if my boyfriend bought me anything horse related.

But if it doesn't have to do with horses or my immediate survival, I don't want it.

• Way to generalize... not all women are the same you know. Personally, I know very few women who expect those kinds of gifts from their boyfriends or husbands, particularly as a regular thing.

I think you're only seeing what you expect to see (confirmation bias).

• thank you! finally someone who sees the same point of view as me! but honestly its what girls like the more expensive the better, i mean thats how others judge one they always look at what u wear. And plus not only that the more expensive the less chance itll get ruined easily as in ripped or teared because the material is better and also! the expensive stuff are more stylish and purrrttyyyy!

• is she wants is and he is happy to provide for it... looks like it works for them :) it is not often the value of an item, but how much effort the significant one is prepared to put in to please the other one. If those pps grew up being surrounded by materialistic wealth and emphasis of its importance than yea for them it is about brands, trends and $ value - that how they express themselves

• Boyfriend does not need to buy me anything. I don't force/hint it at him either. I told him I don't want him spending he's money on me.

I buy designer stuff myself. Jimmy Choo, Channel, to Louis Vuitton. If I find something "designer brand" at the shops that I know my boyfriend would like, bet on it, I'll buy it for him.

• I really couldn't care less about brands lol. I never wear branded clothing. I just wear the things I can afford and is cute.
    If a guy buys me something expensive, I would kindly say he should return it, because he could've spend it better.
    Honestly, I don't know anyone who really cares about brands. Nobody really wears brands.

• Most women I know are not like that. Those women find men who like women like that so don't worry, those shallow money grabbers find each other. They leave the rest of us to just date normal people who don't need bribing for love.

• It's just materialistic shit. Most people only want it because it's what they see on tv.

• I don't need anyone to buy me it. I can myself but, designer stuff is cute to me. Not the more exspensive the better.

• Personally I don't care about that stuff. For me it's more if I like it then I buy it whether that's $400 or $10. It's not about the brand or price tag, it's about whether I like it or need it

• I have never been like that... but I am pretty content with whatever I have haha. The last present a guy gave me was chamomile flowers that were like 2 bucks at trader joes and I loved them and when they dried up I made them into tea... I think it just depends on the girl. Personally I hate having a guy buying me things, I like to be independent :)

• I can honestly say I don't care for any of those items you listed.

• Personally I'm not into designer stuff, I'd rather things I can afford

• I'm not into designer labels and stuff like that really - as I always say 'I don't follow fashion; I have style' lols. I get most of my clothes from ebay, charity shops, and vintage fairs. Still it is sometimes nice to have something that feels expensive and high quality; like I'm too broke to afford anything in there even but I like to go into TK Maxx and just sort of breathe in the scent of capitalism lols, it's intoxicating however much as a baby Socialist I hate consumer culture.. I definitely wouldn't expect a guy to buy me expensive gifts though. I've taken the 5 love languages test and gift giving is at the bottom for me..

What Guys Said 1

• exactly lol i buy my clothes from cheap places and its still name brand but looks good!