Would you date a diabetic?

So some people say when they think of a diabetic they think of Wilford Brimley and that there is this stigma that if you're diabetic your out of shape and fat. Well assuming the person is young and isn't fat and is actually fit would it be a problem for you to date one? Assuming you like everything else about that person. You think they're attractive and has a personality that meshes well with yours.

• Yes, couldn't care less
  • No, ew gross
  • Will you let me stab you with a needle for fun?
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I would date someone with diabetes.

I like your sense of humor in the poll :)

What Girls Said 5

• yes of course! I have a guy friend with diabetes and he's quite healthy and active. itd be no problem :)

• This is my only problem with that... I'm not into "blood". Even pricking your finger makes me queasy. So if he didn't do it around me... I'd be fine. And no needles... please no needles.

Otherwise no... I can't.

• That's understandable. I've had diabetes since I was really young and only until a few years ago I was still afraid to death of flu shots.

• My best guy friend is diabetic and so is my step dad. I love them both and their lifestyle is honestly less restrictive than mine so I would have zero problem with it.

• Yes, I would. No issue there.

• I'd find someone fat unattractive I have to say (that's not to say fat people are unattractive; just I'm not attracted to them). If someone had diabetes yeah I would date them; I might get a little bit overprotective of them sometimes though if I was worried about them getting ill which could potentially be annoying for them.

• Some girls have gotten this way with me when I wasn't even dating them...

• It really doesn't have that much of an effect on my life. Like once every 4 months I'm reading about people who get diagnosed with diseases that screw up their whole life and I go "god it must suck to have a disease, wait, I have one. I totally forgot..."

• That's good that it doesn't hold you back from doing the things you want to do :)

What Guys Said 7

• I could. More likely type 1's than type 2's though. Being a type 2 diabetic is a preventable lifestyle disease and many type 2's I know and have seen in hospital have real deep issues with food and exercise, but if she is willing to control it then why no

• If people are too ignorant to understand the difference between Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes than that's their problem.

My sister is a Type 1 diabetic so I understand the condition pretty well, enough to know it doesn't even have to have a big impact on the way you live your life these days if it's under control, so of course I would.

• I'm type 1 and I ran cross country in high school. I only knew 2 other type 1 diabetic's in high school and both played varsity sports.

• Hands down Yes I would

• Why wouldn't I? I know how difficult it is for them since I work in a care home, and truth be told, they only have to control their sugar and sometimes take insulin. You make it sound much worst than it is to be honest.

• If I love her, this won't stop me but she has to tell me before we start loving then only I can believe her confidently.

• Why not? If we both have a good connection betwewn us i will surely and about diabetic i dont give a fuck to that

• Just to stab that girl with a needle for fun. LOL I am sorry I had to.

• It's cool. I've had people ask if they could give me shots. I always say no because I don't trust them to have steady hands...