He said he would not date me "at this stage" what does that mean?

We had a little thing going on for a few weeks then he said he thinks I'm very awesome and hot but just wants to be friends. However he was still flirting with me a lot and trying to get me to come over and I said no. He still talks to me and stuff and seems like he wants me. A mutual guy friend asked him why doesn't he date me? He said "right now not at this stage" what the hell does that even mean?

I'm a lot younger than he is but I am not interested in more than friendship now. He lost his shot.

Most Helpful Guy

• it means he's not looking for a girlfriend, just a fuckbuddy.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• He's not ready for a relationship (commitment). But he's open to messing around with you (which is why he is flirting).

• Just using you as a toy

• You might be at a certain stage I'm life that he doesn't want to date right now

• It either means that he just wants to be friends or isn't sure if he really likes you yet. I would give some more time. Get to know him a little more and maybe he'll become more comfortable around you.