Guys, could U ever handle being with a girl who has bipolar 2?

I have bipolar 2 which is the less severe type but I find dating really hard bc I go through mood swings where I get irritable, depressed, anxious and happy. But I do go through normal stages too I just started meds and have been in therapy a long time. I just need some extra attention sometimes and I can't seem to find anyone who will deal with it. Im worried I'll never find someone :(

10

Most Helpful Guy

• My wife is Bipolar II and I'm Bipolar I. I certainly empathize with you in just how hard it is to meet people when you tell them about your disorder. My psychiatrist always wondered why I would tell people, but I believe letting people know the truth early on, because if I didn't, and they assumed I would always be the same person they met initially, then they could feel conned.

Being honest certainly chased a lot of women off who were afraid to get close to me, but that was okay. I ended up meeting someone who understood exactly what I was going through, because she had very similar experiences to mine. The important part is we were both going to therapy and also taking our prescribed meds. That doesn't make us perfect, and we still sometimes struggle with mood changes, but at least we can cope with our illness better, and we also understand one another's disease enough where we can support one another.

So, don't worry. Just keep on with your therapy and take the meds you are prescribed. You'll meet someone who is either going through the same thing, or you'll meet someone who understands what bipolar people go through and has the compassion to work through rough patches with you.

You'll be fine; I promise. :-)

What Guys Said 9

• when you fall off the horse, get back on!

You just need to secure a callback, a good first date, brush off any irritability during it as "work stress" and go do something where you don't have to think about things so much and you can just relax, like a movie!

On the second date just mention off-hand that you're bi-polar and taking medication, if he's on a second date with you, he's already interested in seeing him, and a little hickup like that isn't too much to fret over, so long as after going all she-hulk, you apologize.

• Believe it or not, a lot of girls are like this (Mine including). Is it a lot to handle? Oh yes it is. But nonetheless, I can. And there are other guys who can too. You'll find the right guy and he'll love you just the way god made you (:

• If we didn't live together and didn't argue with me when I send her home.

• If she was mediated

• talk about this when you first meet a guy, you will find the one who cares about you

• I'd have no problem dating a girl whos bipolar as long as she's a good person :)

• Eat healthy too, meds are good but don't over really on them, I had date you in a heartbeat

• For me personally, I wouldn't really mind. Relationships are all about staying there for someone you care about through the good and the bad, and having Bipolar 2 will not affect that. However, I personally will want to know about it from early stages, maybe a month in give or take, after you know you want to invest in the relationship. I don't want to sound harsh, but being Bipolar will affect your partner one way or another, and they should know about it to be there for you, and also not overthink something (Ex: You got mad because of your condition, but they think they did something wrong.) You will definitely find someone in the future, you just have to decide if the person is worth it for you, and he feels the same way towards you.

• Honestly, I am fairly confident that you are like every other female on the planet.