As men grow older, do looks value as less importance?

For instance if we compare a 20 year old man and a 30 year old man. Do you think the 30 year old will tend to focus / base their choices of dates more on the womans character. connection , mind , personality etc (MORE than the 20 year old ) ... While the 20 year old man focuses more on looks compared to the 30 year old... Is there a co-relation?

In short do looks mean less as you grow older?

Most Helpful Guy

• it all depends on said guy, that being said.. why do you think older men hit on barely legal teenagers or younger women in general. well actually.. I guess the reason is age but its also because they're hot, in nearly all cases.

What Guys Said 5

• Hnmm.

I think when I was under 20 I probably tended to fall for girls who were really pretty... Like I expected to feel something emotionally before we actually had a connection. By 20ish I was looking for someone desireable who I could fall for. So that was a change.

As I've gotten older I'm not sure that looks matter less. I think I'm probably more forgiving then I used to be. But finding her desireable still matters a lot.

• Yes and no. On one hand, guys understand themselves better as we mature and begin to appreciate women with whom we are more compatible, and our tastes tend to move from the traditional model types to beauty that's less skin deep. But I still appreciate a hot girl, and 20-somethings will never stop being hot to me, so it's probably more that we become more open minded.

• For me, as I've gotten older, there are more things I'd be able to accept.

• No, it remains as important.

• Yes, older guys are definitely more about the other things, whereas younger guys are more physical. I'm all about the body. I literally can't date a girl who doesn't make me sweat a little. A girl with a hard body and gorgeous face can captivate me in a dangerous way, but I wouldn't give an average girl the time of day. I know that's harsh, but that's the honest truth. In all fairness, though, the girls I chase aren't down with average guys, either, so it works both ways.

What Girls Said 1