I'm going on a date with an older guy, but I'm embarrassed about my lack of experience. How should I deal with this?

I met a guy online a couple of weeks ago, and we're finally meeting this weekend. There's 7 years between us (he's 30 and I'm almost 23), and I'm embarrassed about my lack of experience. I've dated a few guys, briefly, but I only kissed one of them and it was awkward and horrible and I ended things with him afterwards. I'm worried that he's gonna want to kiss me at the end of this date and that I'm gonna mess things up and embarrass myself. He knows I've never had sex, but I don't think he knows just how inexperienced I am. I've never been in a relationship before either. Kissing is kind of a big deal for me, and I feel dumb about that.
How should I handle/approach this situation?

Most Helpful Guy

• your dating experience is most likely irrelevant, im sure he's going to be glad going on this date with you. just be yourself and just have fun. if you have boundaries, like no kissing, then stick to them and seriously show it if he tries to cross them.

What Guys Said 2

• he might be the same so don't worry. don't feel like you have to rush things and pretend to be someone your not.

• Id definitely say you should try your own age guys. You are most likely a virgin and a 30 year old has a lot under his belt. Losing your virginity is suppose to be awkward and weird between 2 virgins. Lol at least that is how i feel about it.

What Girls Said 2

• Hey :)
    I'm in your situation really haha.. I'm 19 and I have just started dating a 29 year old..
    I'm inexperienced too.. I mean I had sex once, but had never gone on a proper date or anything..

Honestly the chances are he'll find it refreshing, and some what of a turn on if he's anything like the guy I'm dating, that you're all 'pure' haha and that he can be a lot of your 'firsts' :)

• I think you should be honest about you insecurities from the start. You will feel better once he knows what you've done with men.