Guys, Are guys genuinely too busy to text even if they really like the girl?

I met this guy online and we went out for our first date. We hit it off really well and found out that we have a lot of things in common. We talked for hours and lost track of time. He seemed to be genuinely excited when he found out that we share a lot in common and kept saying that he couldn't believe I feel the same way etc. He messaged me that night saying that he had a great time and we messaged back and forth some more afterwards.

From what I know about him, he seems to be really busy with his job. He only ever texts me in the morning but mainly does so at night around 9 or 10 pm onwards. Sometimes my messages are 'read' but I get no reply for over a day.

Is this a sign that he's not that into me?

I'm a big texter and my previous boyfriends would text me throughout the day so this is sort of new to me.

14

Most Helpful Guy

• if I really really like her i'll make time for her.

brutally honest though, "busy" and "family matters" are my 2 best excuses.

• He's never messaged me saying he was too 'busy' to text back or anything. He's never given me an excuse. He just takes a while to reply..

• if he is getting back to you he has you on his mind at least, to a certain extent.

What Guys Said 13

• Yes there are SOME douchebags out there who will use that excuse when they are not into a girl. But what about those of use who really are busy with our jobs, what are we supposed to say? If you like him and he gives you no real reason to doubt what he says trust him and give him the benefit of the doubt. You might get hurt yes, but if you assume all guys are like that you will miss out on finding the one for you :)

• If you genuinely shared a lot in common and got lost in the time on your fist date, the odds are very strong that he wants to see you again. Bypass this "problem" and keep moving. Text him and say, "I'd like to see your face again, soon, so I don't forget what it looks like. Could we share a meal together sometime soon?" His response will tell you what you need to know.

• Chill... tell him on his face that you don't understand the reason behind the time he takes to reply but you don't mind it as it is his personal CHOICE.

You don't text him saying hi or anything like that just forward something funny or just pass on the message. Do not ask any questions just say have a great day enjoy!

If you don't see guy regularly, do it for a week or so and just stop it all together.

• He's got a life and things to do. Some people aren't married to their phones. Texting can be a huge time waster. Just because he's not constantly sending texts back and forth to you at all hours of the day doesn't mean he's not interested in you. People should really chill when it comes to texting.

• I am often busy, seriously. And I don't like texting when I am game face. I hate it when people start texting while there is a job to be done. You shouldn't text when you are speaking to someone either.

• Sounds like you're texting constantly throughout the day. Yes, many of us don't have time to constantly be on our phones with you. A lot of work places frown upon having your phone out even if he's the kind that would be texting all the time.

• Its hard to say honestly but the fact that he still texts you is a great sign it might just be that he's actually busy and most jobs I've had I'm not allowed to use the phone at all so keep that in mind while he's at work.

• Yes. I am not going to get fired/crash my car/give up my life just to text her constantly.

• He might not be a texter and his job probably keeps him busy dont let this discourage you a lot of guys really aren't big texters unlike women who have that damn phone almost surgicly attached to their hand lol

• I don't know I work 9 hours a day so as long as I'm not at work I'm not to busy :)

• Yes. People have jobs and lives.

• I'd always make time, but it's possible, don't immediately think he has no interest.

• yea i am too busy